Is this case for real?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dojoman, Apr 29, 2014.

1. dojoman macrumors 65816

2. Eddy Munn macrumors 6502

Eddy Munn

3. Dascoyne macrumors 6502

Aww crud. My wife is gonna kill me for throwing money at that one now.

4. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

And you couldn't just flip your phone over, why?

5. thegrants82 macrumors 65816

Agreed. It's silly and gimmicky and also........they are releasing it a month before the iPhone 6 comes out and the iWatch will be out, it will do the same thing better.....Waste of $.

6. takeshi74 macrumors 601

It's not a matter of can't. Some want notifications. If you don't then move on to whatever does interest you.

7. maliu macrumors 6502a

8. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

I heard about this, this morning and initially, it seems like a good idea however, later on, it doesn't actually seem that good!:(

This is probably only for users who have their phone on their desk with the screen facing down (why anyone would do that is beyond me but there you go....?!:confused:) so that they can see when a Notification comes in.

And then, I also heard that apparently, it only works with standard text messages - it doesn't work with iMessages so that probably means it wont work with Whattsapp and the countless other messaging apps that are around......

Oh well - back to the drawing board.............:rolleyes:

9. Jalopybox macrumors 6502a

Jalopybox

Years ago I bought a little airplane air freshener for the car. It clipped on the vent. It also had a light in it that blinked whenever I got a text message or incoming call. That was 15 years ago. I assume this is real and possible.

10. mysterydate macrumors 6502

mysterydate

Maybe there's some sweet art on their case, and they use the built in flash notification located in accessibility?

Just a crazy notion. :D

11. Dascoyne macrumors 6502

I'm a physician and, while I'm seeing a patient, I have my iPhone face down on the desk as I'm working with their medical record.

I find it more convenient and less intrusive to have my nurse and techs communicate with me by text instead of knocking on the door or calling the room. Having that feature seems a little nicer than having the phone vibrate every time.

12. bigjim83 macrumors 6502

I never place my phone face down. I'm too paranoid it will scratch. This case just doesn't do it for me.

13. highertechnology macrumors 6502

Doesnt work with iMessage either. So, notifications, for ~1/2 of your messages.

14. TouchMint.com macrumors 68000

TouchMint.com

Cool but why do they have to be so serious? Its almost like they are mad when talking about it haha.

15. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

This seems cool and of course, gimmicky, because of what it does and how it's powered. While it isn't the same, I already have my blindingly LED light to flash every time I get a text/iMessage, call, email. Seems like this just differentiates it, which isn't bad.

I also put my phone face down. Why? I don't know, it's just habit I guess or to ensure a bit more privacy since the screen can't be seen. My phone is naked with the exception of a SGP film for the front and back. So, I'm not worried about scratches.

And what is up with their voices? Not their accents, which I understand, but some of them sound downright robotic. And ooooo, $3K backing gets you a 3d/2n stay at a 4-star hotel in Ukraine. Tempting!? :cool:

16. magilla macrumors regular

Just curious ... why are you paranoid about getting a scratch on your phone? You plan on turning it around in a year as a "used - pristine condition" item? It's only a tool made for some specific tasks. I'm assuming you have either a laptop or a desktop also. Do you worry about them?

Just curious.

17. gofor macrumors newbie

1.AMAZING IDEA !! seriously , I've been reading all the info on their site and still have no idea how the ******* it works !! so this guys really did it well on this one..

2.Totally useless .. why do I need to know that I'm going to get a phone call in 5 seconds from now ???

But I must say that I consider to buy it just because it's cool :cool:

18. C DM macrumors Westmere

And how did that work 15 years ago exactly?

19. vulcanvillalta macrumors 6502

Seems neat- science-wise, but in terms of practicality, I am having trouble justifying. Yes, it could be useful IF there was a situation where your phone was face down on a desk, on silent with no vibration. But honestly, for me, the only occasions when my phone is on silent, and facedown---- I am ususally TRYING to not be notified. It might be that I'm in a conversation with someone, and I don't want my phone to interrupt, or something like that. IDK. It seems cool, and it probably works, but I don't think that it is for me.

20. sophiamendezzz1 macrumors regular

I think this case is awesome! I always have my phone facing down and when it's on silent and such I wouldn't know. And the fact that it uses the phone for its source of energy rather than having to charge it? So cool! And the case is so simple you really can't go wrong with it. Kickstarter is awesome too! I'm definitely going to have to support this one.

21. vulcanvillalta macrumors 6502

But when you have your phone face down on silent, isnt that the point?? Not to be notified?

22. sophiamendezzz1 macrumors regular

I want to be notified without a vibrating noise or a sound. I'd like this case because it just gives me a little light up of notification.

23. vulcanvillalta macrumors 6502

I understand. But when anything happens on your phone, the screen itself lights up. You can get a cheaper case that doesnt do this, and just put your phone on silent..........face up.

24. sophiamendezzz1 macrumors regular

I get that you think the case is unnecessary but I don't want my phone facing up. And I know a lot of people actually don't like they're phone facing up for more privacy. The case just gives you a very simple notification of whether its a phone call or a text and that's all I really need. I don't need someone looking over my shoulder seeing who is calling or texting me. Does that make any sense? haha for someone like me the case would be ideal. And besides it's just cool.