Is this considered a dead/stuck pixel? 15" AG screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by aznguyen316, Mar 30, 2011.

1. aznguyen316 macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

I've never had a stuck pixel before but I just got my MBP today from the apple store and just noticed it this evening. I made sure it wasn't something on the screen lol and cleaned it with a microfiber cloth in that area to no avail. Also ran a pixel stuck fixer thing lol (http://www.whitecitysoft.com/sx/screenfix/)

Any other "fixes" etc? If it doesn't go away I'll probably exchange it sometime next week, which sucks b/c it took awhile to install Bootcamp lol, damn you windows!

I made a video of it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUlwOz0L2y8

So this is considered a dead/stuck pixel right? On white backgrounds it looks to be a red color.

Thanks for any help MR!

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

If it appears red, it is a stuck pixel. It may be able to be fixed, but if not, you may be able to exchange it.

3. digitalhen macrumors regular

If you can only see it on a white background then I suspect it's actually a pair of broken sub pixels - ie. only the red one works. On a blue background, you'll probably see it as a black spot.

Either way, take it back and get a replacement. They won't complain.

4. aznguyen316 thread starter macrumors 68020

aznguyen316

Alright so indeed it sounds like it. Thanks guys. I'll probably have to do it next week or so since they said this was the only AG 15" model they had. Not sure when they get shipments.

Anyone familiar with exchanges know if I could swap the HDD from the exchanged one? It was a pain in the ass installing Windows 7.. Well not really but it takes awhile... =D

5. tcador, Mar 30, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2011

tcador macrumors regular

I'd take a carbon copy clone and restore that way instead of opening up both machines.

6. ThirteenXIII macrumors 6502a

I have a red stuck pixel on a 15" HR AG 2011 myself. lower right.

But idk, it seems like a lottery if you send it back what if you get more or in a more obvious place (dead center) etc..Not saying you cant return those but I dont know how it will affect over all usability of the machine with one stuck/dead pixel.
    Yeah yeah I know, graphic designers, photographers, video editors ...but still?

I've had other issues with mine, with random sleeping issues, glitches and random hang ups on the machine...i have yet installed 10.6.7 yet to see if it may resolve any of said issues.

But i suppose it does not hurt to try. But word of advice definitely check for these things prior to installing time consuming OS' or apps :p

I still like mine even if it does have a stuck pixel