Is this considered normal? (iOS 7 and Mavericks Behavior)

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by east85, Apr 13, 2014.

1. east85 macrumors 65816

east85

I am logged into iCloud and have Keychain enabled on both my MacBook (10.9.2) and iPad 2,6 (iOS 7.0.6). Within my Keychain on OS X there are passwords present for online services that are not present in Safari Passwords & Auto Fill on my iPad.

If this is normal is there a way I can add the ones that are missing on my iPad Safari Passwords and Auto Fill? There are sites such as Tumblr that I log into on my iPad with Safari that do not get added to these settings or auto fill from my Keychain.

If this is not normal behavior how can I fix it? I would really like a point do reference on iOS rather than having to dig into my Keychain on OS X every time I need a password.

2. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Yes its normal. If you visited sites before enabling keychains they won't appear. I suggest removing them from safari preferences on the mac, visit them again and save password.

3. east85 thread starter macrumors 65816

east85

Thanks! I am deleting them from iCloud Keychain on OS X and relogging in Safari on OS X. Seems to auto add them in Safari Keychain on iOS. Works great, appreciate it. :apple:

4. east85 thread starter macrumors 65816

east85

If I were to get another iOS device would I have to do this all over again? Will these updated autofills continue to be tied to my account and transfer over automatically?

5. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

As long as you associate your iOS device with your appleID it will update on every device.