Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tgrey

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 4, 2013
Do you see a line in this area? Not sure it’s cracked or seam? It’s impossible to show on picture, but it’s there, if you look carefully under bright, both have it

5BA9522F-CEB4-4ADF-9CAC-78505FEA4437.jpeg

Reactions: saisa

Tommy Hewitt

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2013
Crack

I'm sorry, it is a seam. It's only visible with a really bright flashlight pointed on in the right angle.

Last edited:

blackbird666

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2019
Kuwait
It is a seam. I have it too on my AirPods Pro, if you look closely you will find horizontal seams close to the sensors part that sits in the ear conch.

axantas

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2015
Home
The Original EarPods do have this as well. These are seams.
Somehow, they need to stitch the case together. It is not done like a ship in a bottle.

saisa

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2020
I hve it on my right airpod pro, I did not notice it earlier but now i see it and i cant unsee, i connected with apple team and then they said its not a known issue on airpods. What do you think guys!?
[automerge]1593450509[/automerge]
Do you see a line in this area? Not sure it’s cracked or seam? It’s impossible to show on picture, but it’s there, if you look carefully under bright, both have it

View attachment 878671
I hve it too, are you facing any issue coz of it?

wkd

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2012
its a seam.

saisa

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2020
I hve it on my right airpod pro, I did not notice it earlier but now i see it and i cant unsee, i connected with apple team and then they said its not a known issue on airpods. What do you think guys!?
[automerge]1593450509[/automerge]

I hve it too, are you facing any issue coz of it?
Not really, but why do some have it and some dont? The customer service team said its not a known issue on airpods pro and considering as a cosmetic damage and hence does not come under limited warranty.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.