Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

deano411

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2010
Hey Guys!
I'm a DJ and I currently share a laptop with my brother (Sony Vaio) which is downstairs
My own personal iMac is upstairs in the bedroom.

We both use the laptop to store our music collection and this laptop connects to 2 x CDJ 2000's and a DJM 2000 (Pioneer)

Ok here's my question, is it in any way at all possible, to somehow get my mac desktop, files and folders to mirror onto the laptop, so basically I could walk around the house with the Sony laptop, but it would actually be my iMac desktop and files etc.
This way I would be able to connect the laptop to the decks but it would be MY music collection only and not a mixture of both

imusi

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2011
I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly...

make your desktop a ftp server?
or you need a remote desktop software from your win OS laptop to control your mac OS desktop?

or maybe even easier, share a folder/some folders on you desktop so that all computers on the LAN could have access to read and write this/these folder(s)?

deano411

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2010
Ok, so basically on the Windows Laptop which is downstairs, we are both using a program called 'Rekordbox' it is one of pioneers own softwares.

Anyway, this program is populated by every song on your computer, and we both organise our music in different ways.

So Basically I wanted to download Rekordbox to my iMac... but I wanted to be able to view my mac on the laptop, Mac OS and everything if this is at all possible.

So rather than using my iMac screen and keyboard upstairs, I would effectivively have MY COMPUTER, Desktop, Files and OS onto the laptop downstairs?

Therefore I could use Rekordbox on the laptop but it would be my iMac version with all my files and software... I hope that makes sense... I don;t think it is possibl but would be really cool if it is.

Failing that I'm gna have to purchase myself a cheap windows laptop

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.