is this crazy??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bektravels, Oct 6, 2007.

1. bektravels macrumors regular

I love my touch it's totally awesome, but yesterday I ordered a shuffle to have on the side...

I ride my bike a lot and with the lack of decent cases around and hard to get to volume control when your riding I figured a shuffle would be a good little unit, plus it doesn't matter if it gets trashed.

So a shuffle for exercise, touch for everything else... is this crazy? :eek:

2. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

Who are we to judge you?:D

I have a Nano and a Touch!

3. bektravels thread starter macrumors regular

Heh I feel better already:)

For last few weeks I've been on a binge diet of Apple... ipod's that is...

4. nlivo macrumors 6502a

no, i think it is completely normal. i would think you were crazy if you took your touch with you whilst riding.

5. mfresh macrumors newbie

You're perfectly smart.

I have a Classic for road biking and in the car with a Dension IceLink, a Touch for surfing at the Emirates Stadium (as of tomorrow) and a new Nano for my wife so I don't have to listen to her girlie music.

What I don'thave is any money any more - Apple has it. Oh well. I hope they enjoy it. And I hope you enjoy your iPods. Listening to podcasts while on a 100 mile bike ride is fantastic - you finish fit and super-well informed!

6. iCantwait macrumors 65816

iCantwait

should of got a 2 or3G nano. But that's just me

7. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

cool

i do the exact same thing... i got a shuffle for 40 bucks so, its a nice pickup and it super small for when I ride

8. erasr macrumors 6502

I have a touch and will get a nano or shuffle for walks or lads days out soon!
    i see my touch as a more 'home' device.

9. Antimatter macrumors regular

Yeah man that's perferctly normal. I have the touch, shuffle, and a Zune. I use the shuffle when I skateboard.

10. aft macrumors regular

I do the same exact thing. Got a shuffle after my 4g click wheel broke a few months ago. I like most of us had a feeling something like the touch was coming after the iPhone so didnt want to buy a 5.5g. The shuffle is awesome for bike riding. I clip it to the back of my spots watch so I have east access and run the wire up my arm it works well try it out:)

11. RedDragon870503 macrumors 6502

RedDragon870503

Work out with my Touch? Heck no. That is what my 1G nano is for.

12. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

ummm...no this is normal..

The Touch would be terrible for workout:
    1. It's bigger (in length) then most regular size iPod's. If this was in your pocket it would be near impossible for the average person not to get annoyed

2. The screen would be impossible to navigate while on a treadmill (imagine the bumpiness) or when operating something that requires one hand to be in use (like a bike) it's a little challenging to just use 1 hand when navigating - all though it is possible

3. imagine the sweaty hands trying to use the screen....and then imagine the hand prints

4. if you had a nano or a shuffle and hit the ground, you wouldn't be as freaked out:
    a. it's cheaper
    b. the weight - the touch is heavy - that means harder impact
    c. the screen is not as big and you could have a case {currently unavailable for the touch)

I use my touch for school and love having it at home in front of the TV to navigate through my wi-fi as opposed to a huge 17=inch screen and i have my old 5G for the car (too much music)

13. noshooz macrumors member

noshooz

That's one reason I've decided I'm going to keep the 30GB iPod I bought back in July, at least until I can find a decent case for my touch.

14. kevinliu4 macrumors regular

Not crazy at all. I have a touch and a new nano...and there is nothing wrong with my 5G iPod. I need to seek counseling.

15. phillipjfry macrumors 6502a

phillipjfry

I came to a realization last weekend that owning everything that :apple: creates is a completely rational and sane approach to an instant gratification lifestyle :D

16. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I have a 30GB iPod photo that I just use for podcasts.
    My iPhone is used for music while I am inside at work closing up.
    My 160GB classic is used while I am working since most of the time I am in my car while there.

Lots of people have more than one iPod, it's why Apple makes different ones.

Enjoy! :D

17. bektravels thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks all! I was feeling a bit of remorse for a tick being the 2nd ipod I've bought for myself in 2 weeks, but you've helped me through :D

Before the touch I had a video which I used for everything and it worked well. I'd put it in one of those otterboxes which was great even still for riding because you could clip it to your waist and easily use the controls through the case. I even took it out sailing cause the case was waterproof... But I just can't see myself doing that with the touch.

So the shuffle will be a great sidekick to the touch... better get onto a playlist for it ;)

18. darbybrandon93 macrumors newbie

is this really crazy?

i have a nano which i got for my 13th b-day, i won a shuffle at my school, and soon to be ipod classic for my 14th b-day.!!!!!!!!!????????

19. Karl J macrumors newbie

You are not crazy at all!

In my house (of 5) we have 2 nanos, 2 shuffles, 1 80Gb Gen 5 and now a 16Gb Touch...and now my daughter is suggesting she might like a new nano for her birthday!