Is this definitive proof that the mbp won't be updated by black friday?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by freddyr439, Nov 16, 2010.

1. freddyr439 macrumors newbie

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Most likely, though it has been not rumoured, that the MBPs will be not updated in Q1, at least according to dozens of dozens of threads here.

3. deeddawg macrumors 604

We're in November. VERY unlikely you'll see a system change this close to Christmas. Look at past Apple press releases; hardly anything ever gets mentioned for Nov or Dec. Retailers have warehouses stocked already. No way something new is coming out.

4. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

+1 for zero chance of MBPs being updated before 2011 :cool:

5. wizzlez macrumors member

Coming in January or Feb

Intel announced today they're showing their next gen Sandy Bridge chips at CES on Jan 5, which should usher in the next MBP, although it's possible Apple will wait for Lightpeak until they update [Lightpeak probably wont be ready until March according to reports]. The other big factor is that the update will probably come with a 256GB SSD standard so they might be negotiating to lower the price on those drives so that they can compensate for the more expensive Sandy Bridge CPUs and incerased costs from their Taiwan suppliers. I'm dying to get a new 17" so hopefully it will be coming as soon as possible in Jan, but there's no way they come out before then. The MBP should be out by Feb at the latest, as they have been updated every 8 months since they switched to Intel except for the last update which was 10 months [which would be Feb] because there was a holdup with the i5's and i7's.

6. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Black Friday is only 10 days away. Apple doesn't update their macs this late. Their holiday line up is set.

7. deepak.selvaraj macrumors newbie

im waitin to get a 13" mbp! hope they kick the optical drive out and fit in a discreet gpu and 'i' processor...by jan 2011 hopefully!