Is this dishonest? warranty question

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Lamarak, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Lamarak macrumors 6502

Currently a white splot has showed up on my ipad 2. Its not affecting me to much but called apple store and they say bring it in and will replace. But I have invested 60 dollars on a protection cover and a cool iskin cover for the back. Would it be dishonest to use like this till ready to sell for Ipad 3, then take in and get replaced? I have the extended applecare on it also.

Other than the white splotch on the screen that is seen more on white pages like the internet, it works perfectly fine. Just hate losing 60 bucks over something that I had no control over.

Would you replace or wait?

2. jsh1120 macrumors 65816

The problem you report is fairly common and some users have reported it gets worse over time. I suspect that's why the Apple store was so amenable to replacing your iPad.

As far as waiting is concerned, I see nothing dishonest about waiting until you're ready to have the problem fixed since you're willing to live with it. You won't be costing Apple anymore when you have it replaced than would the case now.

3. bufffilm macrumors 68040

bufffilm

if you're really planning on selling the ipad2 down the road to fund an ipad3 purchase and the blotch is something that you can bear with until then, then it makes some sense to wait, not so much solely because of the $60 cover but because after you exchange it, you'll have a guaranteed mint condition device with a fresh battery which should make it an attractive buy for someone.

4. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

Of course it isn't dishonest, and why should Apple care if you prolong your replacement? All it means is they don't have to hand out a new iPad as soon.nThere's no conscience to worry about here!