Is this eBay listing a scam?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Gary500, Jun 3, 2014.

1. ayasinsk macrumors regular

Most likely. User has 0 feedback. Not to mention it is international. Or they might ship you this laptop but it could be stollen.

2. Gary500 thread starter macrumors regular

Gary500

Well, all I want is the laptop, don't care where it's from, but it is suspicious that it doesn't come in the original packaging.

3. ayasinsk macrumors regular

If the seller is international it will be harder for you to get your money back vs if the seller was in US. I wouldn't buy an expensive item from someone with 0 feedback, but that's at least my opinion. At least ask for a serial number.

4. MacConvert2007 macrumors member

0 feedback, out of country, lots of money. That's multiple red flags. Don't do it.

5. ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

Well, someone bought it. If you bookmarked it, it would be interesting to see the buyers feedback in a couple of weeks

6. iMacBooked macrumors 6502a

iMacBooked

With no feedback I wouldn't trust it at all. To buy like a case or something wouldn't be a problem, but something as expensive as a new MBP, no thanks.

7. Crugga macrumors regular

Not worth the gamble.
    I won one off a seller in my country with good feedback. Was £1000 and had a proper photo but nothing arrived, opened ebay claim after 4 days and got refund but that process took a couple of weeks. Finally bought one off Electronic King which went very smoothly. £1400 for new 15"/2.3/16gb/512 late 2013 delivered in 2 days. I know some people are sceptical of these but it all went smooth and I saved £900.

8. drsox macrumors 65816

drsox

I wouldn't be surprised if it was bought by the same person in a shill operation. There's lots of that on ebay. After the sale, the sale can be cancelled but feedback can still be given. SO, positive feedback but no cost = the beginning of a believable track record for future sales.

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

The old adage still applies, if it sounds too good, and with the low price and low feedback, well then there's two major red flags - walk away.