Is this ebay seller too good to be true? Stainless link bands, OEM apple bands

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by techno-Zen, Sep 17, 2018.

1. techno-Zen macrumors 6502a

techno-Zen

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Being that it’s coming from China, there can be so many different types of ‘knock off link bands’ out there, these pictures are definitely not clear enough, as these are more stock photos. I personally am willing to believe that this would not be a legitimate link bracelet from Apple. My motto is, ‘If something doesn’t seem right, it likely isn’t.’

3. bbednarz macrumors 6502a

bbednarz

I bought the electric blue leather band from them. Arrived in about 2 weeks in brand new condition. If its a knock off its one of the best knock offs of all time. Has all the markings on the band and lugs. Just doesn't come in a retail box and instead in a padded envelope.

4. techno-Zen thread starter macrumors 6502a

techno-Zen

My guess is he's skimming them as minor defects at the factory level or something. They look legit down to laser engraving on the lugs and all

5. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

or purchased from someone that works at the factory. no retail box is a big giveaway.

6. Hater macrumors 6502a

Hater

I bought a "genuine" Apple leather case for my SE back in the day, came in the original packaging and everything, it fell apart in a month.

The genuine one I bough to replace it is a bit worn as you'd expect with leather, but it's perfect 18 months later.

7. CrownSeven macrumors member

I have one on the way from them. Will let you know jow it works out.

8. techno-Zen thread starter macrumors 6502a

techno-Zen

Thanks!

9. antnee macrumors regular

I bought my link and leather loop from them. Totally legit and real.

10. Spendlove macrumors 6502

Spendlove

I had a look - £20 postage to the UK!!! Sorry but no.

11. AidenL macrumors 6502

Free postage, just slower.

I ordered three there today, saddle brown, black and electric blue, all classic leather.

12. Cogsworth macrumors 6502

Cogsworth

Check out the "Classic Buckle Leather Band BLACK" pictures...didn't the authentic ones always have stitching? And mine have the size and "Natural Leather" embossed not printed on. Or is this a first gen band?

13. bbednarz macrumors 6502a

bbednarz

First (and second?) gen did not have the stitching.

They are legit though. If they are not legit they are the most convincing knock offs ever produced. Has all the markings and fit perfectly.

14. CrownSeven macrumors member

My metal link finally arrives tomorrow. Will let the group know how it turns out.

15. supertomtom macrumors 6502

supertomtom

I’m thinking about buying a link from them. Were there any obvious defects or marks on them?

16. hectorvs macrumors regular

hectorvs

I bought the stainless steel link bracelet from one of those guys, I'm super surprised, I do believe it's the real thing (build quality is awesome, all markings, etc).

The other thing is that some of the bands are not that cheap, like the Milanese loop is going for $90, if it were a knockoff and trying to sell in volume it would be closer to $20

17. CrownSeven macrumors member

Got. Love it. Came in a padded envelope wrapped in plastic. Zero defects looks legit to me. Even if its not considering what apple charges this thing is a steal.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Ron21 macrumors 6502a

Wow, looks awesome! Thank you for the detailed pictures, might be ordering one of these now.

Is that on a S4 44MM?

19. CrownSeven macrumors member

Yes S4 stainless 44mm. In fact I’m browsing their leather bands now lol.

20. Renjo2007 macrumors regular

Renjo2007

Look nice

21. esaelias macrumors regular

esaelias

I ordered the black leather loop now i am abit paranoid someone has given him a negative review saying it is fake?

Abit confused now

22. bbednarz macrumors 6502a

bbednarz

I wouldn't worry about it. My leather loop is legit and the guy with the link band looks legit. If these are fake then they are the best fakes out there and definitely worth the price.

23. AllergyDoc macrumors 65816

AllergyDoc

Apparently no one here has purchased fake goods, er, I mean good replicas, from China before. They come wrapped in bubble wrap, just like in the picture, and will/can fool 99% of the population. Enjoy.

24. CrownSeven macrumors member

Dont care. 149 vs 349. Id prefer a perfect quality copy without have to spend the same amount as I would purchasing a base watch - on a band.

25. FCDP macrumors regular

Purchased a space black link bracelet from them last year, I'm fairly certain it's genuine. Compared with one at the Apple Store and it was identical. Folded the same way, which was a big deal for me. I have fairly small wrists, and all the knock-off link bands don't fold the same way Apples does, resulting in more of a squeeze than contouring correctly.

It had some minor visual defects on the inside, which I think supports the idea that these are factory rejects, returns, or something along those lines. Totally worth it for a fraction of the price. Looking at getting a silver link band from them, having switched from space black for series 4.