Is this even possible?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by jbarley, Jul 23, 2012.

1. jbarley macrumors 68030

jbarley

I found this info last night while surfing the worlds most popular online auction site.
    --------------------------
    Product description
    The Power Mac G5 features an Intel Xeon processor that delivers great speed and power. This Apple Power Mac features an AMD Radeon high definition graphics card that can meet demanding applications and provides a very fast performance. Allowing up to 8TB of internal storage, this Apple Mac desktop provides you massive space to store your music, movies and other data. Mac OS X is a Unix based operating system in this Apple Power Mac which allows you to multi-task with ease. PCI-X expansion slots in this Apple Mac desktop offer faster speed as compared to average PCI slots. Enjoy more processing power, superb graphics performance, and great storage options with the Power Mac G5.
    --------------------------

2. estrides macrumors regular

estrides

Sooo, what question are you asking? If the AMD can run in tandem with an Intel?

cause if so, it can.

EDIT: Just saw the G5 part...idk what they are talking about the G5's had PPC...so i guess its either a typo or completely faulty information

3. zen.state macrumors 68020

zen.state

So the mods delete the first thread you made about this which somehow translates to you to make another?

As I mentioned in the first thread you made the "AMD Radeon" is accurate. AMD bought ATI a few years back.

4. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502

Bug-Creator

Someone obviously doesn't know the difference between a PowerMac G5 and a MacPro.

Big fracking deal, seen far worse on the Bay....

5. jbarley thread starter macrumors 68030

jbarley

Never had a chance to see responses to the first post.
    I realize now my mistake was the direct link to ebay, which is a no-no.
    Thank you for this piece of info, as to the first part of your post I'll just ignore it as I do with most of your caustic posts.

6. Jethryn Freyman macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

WTF.

The Power Mac G5 has a G5 processor.

The Mac Pro has the Intel Xeon CPU. It has an AMD Radeon graphics card. AMD Radeon = ATI Radeon. Graphics chips, not CPUs.