Is this Even Possible?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by supervelous, Sep 21, 2012.

1. supervelous macrumors 6502

I got an Iphone 5 for Verizon, but then decided I wanted to stay with AT&T but it was too late to cancel my pre-order through apple store.

So now I have the Verizon iphone, still wrapped...and I know people who I know who actually want it. If I called or went to the Apple Store with a friend or family member, could they transfer the phone over to someone else without having to ship it back?? ie go on their contract, and cancel my new line?

2. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

If it's not opened, why not just return it for a refund?

3. LouieSamman macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

4. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I think, you can return it, and later be sold to your friend. This way, the warranty, apple care+, serial #'s are linked to your friends name. It's better you do it that way, unless you made an agreement for your friend to pay you later.

5. supervelous thread starter macrumors 6502

my kid's mom, who I am divorced from, wants the new iphone, but is not the type to wait in line or order online, so it could be weeks to months.

It benefits me for her to have it, because I facetime with my kid - the improved 4G and not needing wifi to facetime with me will be a nice benefit.

So to recap, it's a Verizon iphone, ordered from Apple Store online shipped to me, unopened still, and I no longer want it.

6. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

If you keep the phone, and signed a contract, they're obviously not going to let you out of the contract. That's the whole reason they subsidized it in the first place, you committed to paying Verizon for two years.

If you return the phone, then you can cancel the line. That or paying the $350 early-termination fee are the only ways.