is this even possible?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by comda, Mar 29, 2015.

1. comda macrumors 6502a

comda

Greetings Mac Rumors PPC fans!]

I love my Imac G3's... They where among the first macs i was introduced to, including a Performa and a classic! I Have both a tangerine 400Mhz and an Indigo 350Mhz (no firewire) running tiger and panther.. I will soon get the indigo to run Tiger once exams are done..

Anyways i have linein installed on the Tangerine (my favourite color lol) and LOVE the speakers. i use my iphone 5 to play music through a male to male 3.5mm cord and the quality is outstanding!

What i want to know is it possible to have the second imac connected to the first with another 3.5mm audio cable to have both machines use their speakers for my tunes. Being 19 i had a small party last summer and used the Imac Tangerine and everyone loved it! Many of my friends arnt computer guys and they thought it was an amazing machine with awesome sound. so i want to use both this time!

possible?

2. Gamer9430 macrumors 68020

Gamer9430

Yeah, there shouldn't be any issue. If you really want to have some fun, buy a 3.5mm splitter and plug your iPhone into it, then where it splits send a cable to both iMacs and plug in into Line-In and then you have 4 epic speakers to listen to your music at your party!

3. comda thread starter macrumors 6502a

comda

Wow.. i feel embarrassed.... lol I was other thinking this.. i cant believe i could think of that.. lool. damn exams causing stress.

yeah you're right. i was going to use 2 male to males but then that would cut off the one set because the mac would set it to head phones..

haha thanks. guess off to EBAY!

4. Gamer9430 macrumors 68020

Gamer9430

If you have a five below or similar store near you, you get get splitters for 5 bucks, as well as m to m 3.5mm cables. I got a 5-way splitter and 6foot cable to $10!

5. comda thread starter macrumors 6502a

comda

never heard of that store.. Im in Canada though thats most likely what id assume. Thanks for the help though!

6. Gamer9430 macrumors 68020

Gamer9430

Too bad Future Shop just closed down, lol.

7. comda thread starter macrumors 6502a

comda

Eh we're better off without them anyways. stuff was pricy there. I tried seeing if TigerDirect has any deals as they are also closing stores and instead of deals i say of lot of products that where overpriced and then advertised as a sale. For example the Logitech 270C webcam which i had purchased from them in octobler for 39$ + Tx was advertised last night as $49 with a 10% discount.. ha ill pass.

8. Gamer9430 macrumors 68020

Gamer9430

I had no clue they were expensive, I'm in the states, and nearly all the radio shacks near me have closed, and I would run in there for a part, most of the time an odd battery that no one else would have, all the time.

9. comda thread starter macrumors 6502a

comda

yeah. sadly the cheapest here i find it CanadaComputers or i just order from ebay.