Is this even possible??

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by MacLadybug, Sep 25, 2008.

1. MacLadybug macrumors 6502a

MacLadybug

Not sure this is possible, but I'm a real novice when it comes to anything video... You know how a lot of the networks are re-running their shows the next day on their web sites... How do I save what I am watching on my iMac or MacBook? I was just on the NBC site and watched a show that aired last night. Is there a way to download it simply from the screen (like copying a youtube video) so I could have watched it later or when I was traveling?

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

While there are ways to do it, all of them are a violation of copyright. You are better off buying the show on iTunes, watching them again on the site, or using a DVR to record the show then transferring it to the computer.

TEG

3. Courtaj macrumors 6502a

Courtaj

4. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

You could use a screen recording app like Snapz Pro to record the show. I don't see how this is a violation of copyright, as long as it's for personal use, because recording an internet stream of the show is no different than recording the show when it aired on TV.

Lethal

5. MacLadybug thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacLadybug

Makes sense to me. I have a DVR too. Need to figure all this out.

Thanks all!

6. arjen92 macrumors 65816

arjen92

Open safari, open activities, open downloads, go to your movie (the web page), look into your activities screen and see if it's downloading a fairly big file. (the name's are a lot of times weird, so the size is a good indication). When you see the file that is being downloaded (that's your movie, you'll probably see the download also on your internet player) click on it in the activities screen, press command-c, go to your download screen, press command-v, now it downloads the movie into your download map, instead of your buffer (or wherever it saves the internet content temporarily)

7. MacLadybug thread starter macrumors 6502a

MacLadybug

and yet so simple...

THANK YOU