Is This Facebook Notification Behaviour Normal?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tyzer, Feb 7, 2013.

1. tyzer macrumors newbie

Hi,

Could someone let me know if this facebook notification behaviour is normal as its starting to really annoy me.

I have the facebook app installed on my iPhone 5 (iOS 6.1), and i also have it installed on my iPad Mini (iOS 6.1). As an example, lets say i go on my iPhone and chat on the facebook app, every time the person replies to me, a notification is sent to my iPad, which i am not using. The same thing happens, the other way around aswell, so if i am on my iPad, notifications popup on the iPhone.

One thing i have also noticed is, if i go direct onto facebook.com and chat on their, the notifications stop on both the ipad and iphone which is great as i am chatting on the website.

So what i want to know is, if i am chatting on the facebook app on my iphone, can i stop the notifications from appearing on my iPad, and vice-versa?

2. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

No they will continue to go to both automatically. However when you check Facebook again on the device you haven't checked yet, the notifications will go away, basically syncing as read.