Is this foolish?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Hoopdy, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Hoopdy macrumors 6502

I bought this Laptop(HP dv6000 series) in June 2007, upgraded the ram to 2gb and even got it a 500gb My Book last weekend. It's been an alright laptop, but I feel like I'm ready to make the jump to Mac because everything you need is, basically...IN THE BOX!

I'll either be getting a Macbook Pro or Macbook. It's just that I'm getting the feeling that it would be foolish to buy another laptop just 11 months after buying my first. So, do you think it's foolish?

Next time I upgrade will be August 2010 when I go to University.

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

3. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

LOL - for what it's worth, I did exactly the same thing - bought an HP because I needed a new laptop and the price was right, then wound up replacing it with a MacBook Pro a year later. Extravagant, maybe. Worthwhile, absolutely. =]

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I replaced a mid-high end Windows desktop with an iBook G3 after less than two months. It was excellent :D

5. DaBrain macrumors 65816

DaBrain

No, not foolish! Live and Learn. I would sell it and put that money towards a MAC.

I had bought an eee pc 2 months ago, but missed OSX so much and the small screen was killing my eyes. So I sold it for $65 less than what I paid and used that to help pay for my Macbook. IM glad I tried the eee so now I know that that small of a screen will never work for me.

Best of luck in your decision. ;)

6. chas0001 macrumors 6502a

chas0001

Sell the PC and get a MAC. The MAC will last you years.