Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mj1108

macrumors 6502a
Apr 7, 2007
California
My Macbook Air also has a Windows key on the keyboard. ;)

It's either a scam or the guy made it a Hackintosh. The fact that he doesn't even show pictures of it powered on should be a red flag.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Ports are all wrong, the power port is all wrong, the windows key on the keyboard. No its not an MBA :p

oc63rag

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2013
Do u have to ask? Apple laptop with a removable battery, really?

Are you the seller? Free advertisement?

As stated in the original post, no I'm not the seller. How is your reply even remotely helpful?

ValSalva

macrumors 68040
Jun 26, 2009
Burpelson AFB
Clearly not an Apple product. Even the words "MacBook Air" are crooked :D

And, gasp, a removable battery! How un-Apple like! :eek:

Pakaku

macrumors 68040
Aug 29, 2009
The logo in the first image is skewed. The font is also wrong. How could this possibly be even slightly legitimate?

The top case looks alright, I'll admit, but the bottom is fracking ugly. Vents everywhere, horribly-recessed ports, there is no question Apple had nothing to do with that machine.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I meant the post on craigslist, how is selling pc as a mac not spam?

You didn't say report the craigslist post at first. The post in this forum is not spam. Neither is the craigslist post, but rather simply a scam.

adnbek

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2011
Montreal, Quebec
To the OP: If you even had to ask if this thing is legitimate, my advice to you is to NEVER conduct any financial transaction through the means of the Internet. For your own sake.

Dalton63841

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2010
SEMO, USA
Looks homemade. I mean, surely even a chinese knockoff would have the lettering straight...

I made something like this a few years back with an MSI Wind netbook that I hackintoshed. An apple from the lid of a 12" powerbook and some patient cutting skills, a clean paint job, some small font rub-on transfers and a clear coat for the keys, and you can make something like this in just a couple days time. Of course, I actually got the lettering straight, and sanded the windows symbol off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.