Is this good for a graphic/web design student?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MrScream, Mar 2, 2011.

1. MrScream macrumors newbie

I'm a student and use illustrator, photoshop, dreamweaver etc. I found a 2008 macbook with core 2 duo 2.4ghz 4gb ram, and 320hd for about 600 bucks. Will this run all these programs fine or should i get a 2011 macbook instead? Also if I get the 2008, how long before I have to upgrade?

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Depends on which version you run and your workload primarily. If you're doing any 3D work, you may find the 2008 MacBook to be too slow. If your primary workload is 2D, though, I don't see any huge problems. Disk space may be an issue for you too, depending on how big your projects are and how many you have. Finally... there isn't a 2011 MacBook yet, unless you're referring to the recently updated MacBook Pros.

3. DesignerOnMac macrumors 6502a

DesignerOnMac

As mentioned above, this should work fine for you, except if your going to do 3D work.

I have a 2008 2.8 Extreme iMac with 4 Gigs of RAM w/500 gb HD. And I am using all the programs you will be using. I have no issues with the programs or with my iMac for doing the work you want to do on it.

Best of luck to you.