Is this Hard Drive any good?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by daneoni, Jan 4, 2009.

1. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Are these drives any good?...i bought one earlier today but i'm now second guessing myself.

Iomega eGo Portable - Hard drive - 250 GB - external - 2.5" - FireWire / Hi-Speed USB - 5400 rpm - buffer: 8 MB - Ruby Red. Costs £131.67 on Amazon and was £88 at the Apple store (surprisingly cheaper...or is it?)

Attached Files:

2. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

... the drive is fine, the price you paid compared to the same thing in the USA is way to high though...

3. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

The drive is fine, all external drives are basically the same, the only things that change between them is the design aesthetics and the port connection (usb/firewire), however you payed way way too much. £131.67 is daylight robbery for 250GB.

4. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni

i paid £88 for it...still too high

5. NStocks macrumors 65816

That drive is a bit of a rip-off. I was going to purchase a similar one by iomega ( I think the WD passports are cheaply made... plastic ), but then I thought, how often will I actually take the external Hd with me ? So then I bought the Iomega Prestige 500GB for £51, but now they have put the price up to £60 which is still cheap. This drive is amazing, the build quality is just as good and rigid as my new MBP and certainly looks as good, it is fairly fast at transferring data, and is a real bargain.

Here's the link : http://www.ebuyer.com/product/149357

Oh, and I got the delivery for £5 a week ago, but now it's gone back to normal prices.

NStocks

6. anirban macrumors 6502a

anirban

I have a couple of iomega portable drives, and they all work fine.