Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jacksonc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 1, 2013
Jony's house
It's a Seagate Momentus XT slim, 2.5", 7mm. I know it should be thicker for my MacBook, but i'm wondering if it will work anyway?

DmbShn41

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2009
It's a Seagate Momentus XT slim, 2.5", 7mm. I know it should be thicker for my MacBook, but i'm wondering if it will work anyway?

Some HD manufacturers offer a kit that is basically a bracket that the HD mounts to giving a 9mm thickness, so that the drive isn't rattling around, etc. As long as the SATA connection is compatible with your Macbook, you didn't mention model, then it should work. Just make sure that if the drive is SATA III, that your Macbook will take a SATA III HD.

Jacksonc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 1, 2013
Jony's house
Some HD manufacturers offer a kit that is basically a bracket that the HD mounts to giving a 9mm thickness, so that the drive isn't rattling around, etc. As long as the SATA connection is compatible with your Macbook, you didn't mention model, then it should work. Just make sure that if the drive is SATA III, that your Macbook will take a SATA III HD.

It's a late 2009, if that helps. Is it SATA III?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.