I've got around a $1300 budget for a new Mac. I thought about the MacBook, but I don't really require the portability, and I can't live with such a small screen and the other compromises involved, so I've decided on an iMac. While the 24" screen is unquestionably superior, it's gonna be at least an extra $200-300 that I'd rather spend on other things; the 20" screen isn't great, but I can accept it, and my tasks don't require an accurate screen. I'm in a state that gets taxed, which kills any savings that come from buying a refurb from the Apple store. I'd rather get a new machine from another vendor for the negligible difference. So in lieu of purchasing the current low-end 2008 20" 2.4GHz model, I'm planning to order one of the remaining mid-range 2007 20" 2.4GHz models from Amazon or MacConnection, and then maxing it out to 4GB RAM. The new model has a faster bus, but lesser video card and smaller hard drive. Both the artificial and real-world benchmarks are roughly the same, with the exception of the gaming tests where the old model comes out ahead due to the video card. The 2008 2.66GHz model is faster, but not $200 worth, and I hate the idea of having two useless DIMMs after I max it out, instead of one. My main hangup is whether getting the nearly year-old model is unwise. I've gone over this repeatedly in my mind and I think I've covered all the bases, but I guess I'm gun shy and need the encouragement to finally pull the trigger. What say the denizens of Mac Rumors?