Is this iMac showing signs ?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by redhatcode29, Feb 9, 2015.

1. redhatcode29 macrumors 6502

redhatcode29

Hi guys, this 20" 2009 imac of mine.... I recently noticed that there seems to be a kind of whitish stripes on the screen. Is this a sign of the lcd's rotting ....

ive seen and also hv an imac 17" with a faulty screen...a slim vertical line, which is visible at all times, from the apple logo screen to the desktop.

So my worry is, if this is how the vertical lines begin, with just a whitish strip !

I am actually in the midst of disposing another 20" imac of mine, it as an 2008 model, which does not have any of those whitish strips on the lcd. So, i am kinda considering if i should let go the 2008 model or retain it...in the event the 2009 model's lcd does fail...

Any one u guys have an experience with these kinda whitish strips .....

Attached Files:

2. redhatcode29 thread starter macrumors 6502

redhatcode29

Desktop

Attached Files:

3. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

That is a common problem with that style iMac. It won't harm the machine and isn't a sign of a failing LCD.

4. redhatcode29 thread starter macrumors 6502

redhatcode29

Hi intell,

Thanks for your reply. Its a common issue for this model is it... Ok. So its not an lcd issue..... Great ! Thank u so much.... It's a big relieve to me :D now i can put my other imaC for sale .....:)

5. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

You're welcome. In the listing for that iMac, make sure you note the lines.

6. redhatcode29 thread starter macrumors 6502

redhatcode29

Ha ha....but i am not selling the 2009 iMac which has the whitish lines.:) i am retaining it. Its the 2008 model which i am letting go and it has no issues whatsoever. Thx again.

7. redhatcode29 thread starter macrumors 6502

redhatcode29

21.5" imac

Hi guys... Is this another common issue with the imac's glass .... There seems to be a kind of whitish stain on the corners of the glass....i dnt thk it is the lcd.

This is harmless right ?:(. The far right top corner...i cant capture the stain with my ipad...but its still visible....

P/s . The pic is not in the correct position...suppose to be 90degrees clockwise

Attached Files:

8. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

That appears to be dust. It should not impact the life of the machine.

9. redhatcode29 thread starter macrumors 6502

redhatcode29

Thx intell. It never occured to my mind thT it could be dust. But it does ring a bell, as this imac was cluttered with dust like anything! From the rear fan to the ram slots... Its surely a relief knowing that it could be dust ..... Thx.