Is this iMac worth $600?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by je1ani, Sep 25, 2007.

1. je1ani macrumors 6502

1.83GH Intel Core 2 Dual Processor.
    512 MB Ram /
    160 GB Hard Drive.
    Combo Drive /
    17" Widescreen.
    Intel GMA 950 Graphics Processor w 64MB SDRAM.
    Built in iSight Video Cam.
    Apple Keyboard / Mighty Mouse
    Firewire
    Airport Extreme

I figure I can put my own ram in it but my main concern is the video card... Can I edit quality movies with this video card? I'm not doing anything HD but I still want a decent quality... also... I didn't even know they made Intel iMacs with 17" screens?

2. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

I remember this is the iMac that Apple discontinued. The original price was $999.00. New or used it's a great deal as long as it works fine and the condition is mint. :)

3. FadeToBlack macrumors 68000

FadeToBlack

I had the GMA 950 in my Mac mini and never ran into any problems with it. Didn't do any heavy-duty video stuff, either. I'd say you'd be fine working in iMovie with it, but I doubt it'd be okay running pro apps. (Final Cut, etc.) I'm no video pro, so I don't know about those. Maybe someone with more experience with those apps will chime in.

This was the base 17" model, which I believe was intended more for the education market, but it definitely seems like a GREAT value at $600.

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

What program do you plan on using to edit video?

5. je1ani thread starter macrumors 6502

6. je1ani thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the help guys but I will just save the $600 for my dream 2.8ghz iMac C2E