Is this iPad done(attached photo)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mpossoff, May 13, 2012.

1. mpossoff macrumors 68020

Hi our son turned on his iPad and the attached is what the screen looks like. He said the screen has been ok.

I hope it's not shot? Any help please.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336945946.136400.jpg

2. andrewnguyener macrumors member

Wow that looks bad. Try resetting the iPad by pressing the on/off and home buttons for five seconds and see if that fixes the issue. If not, I'd say take it to an Apple store. You sure it wasn't dropped?

3. mpossoff thread starter macrumors 68020

No he didn't drop it. He used it earlier today with no problem then recently this just happened. I'll try your suggestion of resetting it, thanks, will let you know.

4. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

WHEW! That is painful to look at! Unfortunately, it looks hardware related, so if that Rees doesn't fix it, you might see about returning it (obviously)

5. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

In my experience that sort of screen issue is caused by damage, but if you're 100% sure it wasn't dropped or hit against something then I guess it developed a fault. Is it under warranty? If not, it'll be quite pricey for Apple to replace/fix.

6. mpossoff thread starter macrumors 68020

Asked our son again. He said it wasn't dropped and he takes very good care of his electronic stuff.

7. saberahul macrumors 68040

Looks like a hardware issue to me. A full reset/restore didn't fix it? Maybe take to Apple if under warranty.

8. emgoodman macrumors regular

Happened with my first gen iPad

This happened to me with my iPad 1. Its definitely a hardware issue and was not related to trauma. Apple issued a replacement as it was under warranty. Good luck,

9. mpossoff thread starter macrumors 68020

Not sure if it's still under warranty, will have to check tomorrow. Thanks!

10. gab2012 macrumors member

Go here

https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do

put your serial number in and it will show you your warranty status. (the serial number is under the apple logo behind the iPad, the original box or settings>general>about)

if you are under warranty apple will replace it free of charge if it doesn't have liquid damage, a cracked screen (glass) or excessive dents on the corners and body of the unit.

11. qijianjonathan macrumors member