Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mimiron

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2017
Hey, so long story short, someone's selling a Magic Keyboard for the iPad 12.9 in my country, but the cover does not have a logo on it from the looks of it. Do you think it's fake? I'm attaching more screenshots of the product here.

114630665.jpg

114630665.jpg

114630665.jpg

114630665.jpg

114630665.jpg

I found images of the original Magic Keyboard with a logo. I've tried it out once in a store but never bothered checking if it had a logo on the back. All the images on the internet showcase the Magic Keyboard with a clear logo on the back of the folio, as we see here.

ipadpro-magic-keyboard-back.jpg

Do you think the product is fake?

Last edited:

zhenya

macrumors 604
Jan 6, 2005
Return key is simply an international version.

If it's a fake, it's a very good one.

I wonder if it's possible the logo simply isn't visible in that first picture due to a trick of lighting. Checking on mine at approximately that angle, and it's quite invisible, even in person.

Mimiron

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2017
Return key is simply an international version.

If it's a fake, it's a very good one.

I wonder if it's possible the logo simply isn't visible in that first picture due to a trick of lighting. Checking on mine at approximately that angle, and it's quite invisible, even in person.

Yeah, I thought that too, I'll tell the seller to send me some more images, maybe it's just the viewing angle. The keyboard has an EU layout that's why the Return key is different.

Mr Retina

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2013
Like others have said its a EU KB. The lack of logo is a dead giveaway, even with a skin it should mold into the apple logo. I would ask for more pictures, and hell many even a screen grab of the warranty status on apples website. Thats a damn good fake if its a REAL fake lol.

Reactions: mazz0

RamdomGenerated

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2019
what’s the price ?
it’s rare to see a fake smart connecter equipped accessory
Do you think they retouched the logo?

Mimiron

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 12, 2017
what’s the price ?
it’s rare to see a fake smart connecter equipped accessory
Do you think they retouched the logo?
The buyer is willing to send it for 280EUR. Not sure at this point, I mean it should be visible under that angle, they did not send me more screenshots so something must be fishy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.