Is this iPhone 5 (iOS 8.0.2) battery life ok?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ultra AleM, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Ultra AleM macrumors 6502a

Ultra AleM

Hi guys. I think my iPhone 5 battery life is a mess. What do you think? I bought it in November 2012 and its up to date.

That's under 3G/4G. No Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

3. Ultra AleM thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ultra AleM

It doesn't, I already tried three times. It's only eligible for the standby button replacement but no for the battery one :-(

4. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

then you may want to send it in for that. many (myself included) got their battery replaced while doing the sleep/wake button replaced. I noticed pretty good battery life after I got my iPhone 5 back.

5. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

just curious...is your phone white/silver?

my black/slate was purchased in nov. 2012 and was eligible for battery replacement. it had terrible battery life as it would die at 30% etc.

My wifes phone purchased at exact same time was a silver/white one and was not eligible.

Just curious if the silver/white ones are the ones not eligible...

6. Ultra AleM thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ultra AleM

It is black. The battery is ok, it dies at 1%. But it's very weak as you can see.

If I send it for the standby fix will they repair it or replace the phone with a refurbished one?

7. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

it depends on if they have the parts at the time i believe. some were lucky enough to get a refurbished. do you have an apple store near you?

8. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

no you have to actually have apple mail it in to a location is what i was told. I was more worried about getting the battery replaced as my lock button still worked. But they told me my phone would have to be mailed in to fix the lock button....where as the battery was replaced in store. They said they would give me a temporary phone to use while it was mailed in....

9. Ultra AleM thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ultra AleM

Ok so what should I do?

PS: I also have a particular problem. There's a small humidity stain in the upper left corner of the display. It's light, not invasive. May they repair it too?

10. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

if you have an apple store close by take it in and see what they say. i heard one girl complaining that she wasted time coming up there to get her battery exchanged for them to not have any in stock. so they gave her a refub phone. she was crying tho lol

but u never know what will happen until you go to the store

11. Ultra AleM thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ultra AleM

Thanks a lot for your infos. I will go to an Apple Store in Rome next week and see what they say

12. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

you could also say that your battery life is terrible and u know it's not eligible but can they test to see etc. sometimes apple will replace it if you are nice enough. u never know!

13. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

walk it into your local apple store. tell them you want to get your sleep/wake button replaced and save that screen shot of your battery in your phone. show it to them (they may also connect it to check the battery). see what happens?