Is this is a good messenger bag?

iAmRod

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2006
That's a pretty nice-looking bag, jtap. I wouldn't mind getting one myself.

But as one might infer from Detrius' suggestion, there doesn't seem to be any indication just how functional/durable the bag is. It would be nice to see some reviews.

Tabris82

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2010
Manchester CT
I recently bought this bag... but it's coming in the mail tomorrow.
If you like I can post pictures and give a review upon receiving

:cool:

firmansolutions

macrumors member
May 31, 2010
STM Vertical medium

Hi,

I bought the STM Vertical Medium (for 15" laptops) a couple of weeks ago. Highly recommended if you are happy to have the vertical rather than messenger style.

It holds my MBP Pro 15, iPad, Acer Netbook, magic mouse, trackpad, wallet, keys and some documents.

It was about £45.

Cheers
Firman

jtap

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 19, 2010
Just ordered it! Thanks guys.

BTW just received my base MBP 13" a day early - am absolutely loving it so far!

iAmRod

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2006
I wouldn't mind ordering this too. But I wanted to wait for Tabris82's posted pics and review.

Tabris82

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2010
Manchester CT
It's delivering today but I'm at work... I'll post as soon as I am able.

Stupid fedex didn't leave it.... I'll probably go pick it up after work.

Ccrew

macrumors 68020
Feb 28, 2011
As a messenger bag? It's pretty lame. As a messenger lookalike bag it's alright.

This from a guy that bikes to work 25 miles each way, so messenger bags that work I know. I own a Chrome Citizen and toss my MBP in it in an Incase slip case. Waterproof and comfortable.

So I guess the real answer albeit late is "it depends"

jim9112

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2008
As a messenger bag? It's pretty lame. As a messenger lookalike bag it's alright.

This from a guy that bikes to work 25 miles each way, so messenger bags that work I know. I own a Chrome Citizen and toss my MBP in it in an Incase slip case. Waterproof and comfortable.

So I guess the real answer albeit late is "it depends"
+1
Ive had my chrome citizen for about 4 years. Its bombproof holds a ton of stuff and really comfy. I used to commute by bike to work, own a few bags and its by far the best.

iAmRod

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2006
Ccrew and jim9112,

Which of the Chrome bags (size, color, model, etc...) do you have? Is there one in particular you would recommend for the 15.4" MBP?

I'm also still looking forward to Tabris82's messenger bag pics and impressions.

Thanks, everyone, for sharing!!

jim9112

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2008
Ccrew and jim9112,

Which of the Chrome bags (size, color, model, etc...) do you have? Is there one in particular you would recommend for the 15.4" MBP?

I'm also still looking forward to Tabris82's messenger bag pics and impressions.

Thanks, everyone, for sharing!!
I have the citizen. Its green. It will hold any size laptop, you will want a sleeve as it does not have a laptop compartment. They do have laptop specific bags though. http://www.chromebagsstore.com/bags/laptop-bags.html. They all seem to get fantastc reviews. Tis is the one I have http://www.chromebagsstore.com/bags/messenger-bags/citizen-buckle-bag---medium.html . hope this helps.

iAmRod

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2006
It's delivering today but I'm at work... I'll post as soon as I am able.

Stupid fedex didn't leave it.... I'll probably go pick it up after work.

No updates yet? Curious to read your initial impressions.