Is this is a good purchase? Help

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by iWinnipegger, Apr 24, 2007.

1. iWinnipegger macrumors regular

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Apple-Powerbook-...3290803QQihZ020QQcategoryZ14909QQcmdZViewItem

Is this is good purchase. I'm tight on cash and need a laptop ASAP. So no waiting for updates!!!

I'll be using it for some photo editing, podcast, dvd ripping, burning, web browing & chatting.

Is this worth the cash, and is it fast.

I'm really short on cash so once i get more money i'll upgrade the HD to maybe 120GB and the ram to 1 or 2GB are these specs possible on this notebook?

Thanks for the advice and help.

2. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

i don tknow much about powerbooks and stuff but it seem slieka good purchase to me,,,;)

3. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Not a bad deal. If you feel comfortable with the specs and buying off ebay, I think it's a fair price.

4. ironic23 macrumors 6502

in case you missed it, this sale does not include restore discs.. just a note! good luck!

5. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

The price seems a little high considering it has only 512MB of ram and the Radeon 9700 with 64MB VRAM. The company seems reputable but like the above poster noted, no system install disks.

6. dodong macrumors member

dodong

The seller is very reputable so, he can be trusted. The issue here is about the item. You should do a research first to see if the item is worth the price you will pay for. That way, you can convince yourself whether to take the plunge or not. I did it when I purchased my first film SLR and I'm very happy with it.