is this kernel panic?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Trueafrican, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Trueafrican macrumors newbie

Trying to turn on my mackbook and this i what im getting on the screen . no new hardware has been installed in the machine recently . is this kernel panic and how do i solve the issue ?

[​IMG]

2. Trueafrican thread starter macrumors newbie

3. simsaladimbamba

4. Trueafrican thread starter macrumors newbie

it is MacBook "Core Duo" 2.0 13" (White) 2.0 GHz Core Duo (T2500)

I have non of what u mentioned

5. simsaladimbamba

Can you at e least get your hands on a Snow Leopard Upgrade DVD (29 $)? Or do you know someone with another Mac? I ask because, if the latter is the case, you can use Target Disk Mode to check your MacBook's HDD and see, if you might solve the problem without re-installing Mac OS X or if the problem is somewhere else.

6. Trueafrican thread starter macrumors newbie

yes i have I have macbook application install dvd and mackbook mac os install DVD

7. EastCoastLove macrumors member

This happened to me the other day. What does it mean? I didn't think too much of it. I researched it and i figured out what it was but i don't know what it's supposed to mean.

8. Trueafrican thread starter macrumors newbie

I just found out i have yes i have macbook application install dvd and mackbook mac os install DVD version 10.5.6

9. simsaladimbamba

Then insert the first DVD and start from it via holding down "C" after the startup chime sounds and use Disk Utility to verify your HDD or even repair it. If that does not work, use the Apple Hardware Test.

You figured it out, what it was, but don't know what it is supposed to mean?
    Strange.

10. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

try holding command S while the computer is restarting and try checking the disk from the command line.

11. Trueafrican thread starter macrumors newbie

i inserted the application DVD but when i hold down "C" after the startup chime sounds . nothing happens im seeing the same Grey screen .

12. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Sounds like hardware failure. Either the RAM, motherboard, or something wonky. I'd take it to an Apple Genius.

13. Trueafrican thread starter macrumors newbie

damn thanks for ur help ill take it to the apple genius tomorrow .

14. Trueafrican thread starter macrumors newbie

one last thing i have boot camp on the macbook and the windows side is working perfectly .

15. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Well then take my previous advice and start in single user mode (hold command S while the system boots) and try to fix things from there.

16. Trueafrican thread starter macrumors newbie

i started and after holding command and S it loaded security extension.com but it got stuck at system uptime in nanoseconds :841237793 .

17. Trueafrican thread starter macrumors newbie

I managed to go to disk utility i can see verify disk permission , permission repair,verify dsik and repair disk which should i choose ?

18. Trueafrican thread starter macrumors newbie

19. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

that sucks. Did you do it from single user mode, the loaded OS, or a boot disc?

Disk repair with a loaded OS isn't going to do much so you either have to do it from a boot disc or single user mode.

hold command and S when the computer is booting. Wait for everything to load. At the prompt type
    Code:
    fsck -fy
    followed by
    Code:
    reboot

20. Trueafrican thread starter macrumors newbie

Started up in single-user mode but i cant type anything At the prompt .all im seen is system uptime in nanoseconds 962750173

21. Trueafrican thread starter macrumors newbie

I just had to format the HD and install a fresh copy of mac os x 10.5 .is it important to install the latest mac os X ie 10.7 ?

22. peskaa macrumors 68020

peskaa

The latest is 10.6, Snow Leopard, but yes, it's worth having the latest update.