Is this legit? $25 IPhone Craigslist listing

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by EGamComp, Sep 7, 2013.

1. EGamComp, Sep 7, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2013

EGamComp macrumors newbie

2. simsaladimbamba

If you have to ask, it is certainly too good to be true. Stay away.

3. Ann P macrumors 68020

It got flagged off within a few minutes. Probably was a spam.

4. simsaladimbamba

It is still there, the link the OP gave just had a slash too much.

5. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Probably trying to lure an unsuspecting person to a meeting somewhere to rob them. Either that or they are stolen phones that the seller is trying to unload quickly. But there is no way that a legit seller is selling them for that price so OP I would advise you to stay away, something is wrong with that sale. The only legit thing I can think of is if it is a typo in which case the price is going up quite a bit when you hear from the seller.

6. crzdcolombian macrumors 6502a

crzdcolombian

some times people put the wrong amount on purpose to get you to look at their item then on the description it says a higher amount.

Saw a late 2012 27 inch iMac on craigslist for 1100 bucks tho the description said kid wanted 1500. I understand missing a number but not getting 1 wrong haha

worst craigslist hustle I had was a guy said his apartment was $1,600 for a 2 bedroom a couple blocks from Boston College( decent amount doubles in a good area are 700-1000 each). When I get to his place it was super nice and me and my friend are like We will take it. Then guy goes well you know it is 1,600 each !!! I was like are you out of your fing mind does it come with a Victoria secret model. I would have punched the guy if his 10 year old daughter wasn't there.