Is this MacBook Pro Charger Safe to buy?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by xDeathReaperx, Jun 27, 2011.

1. xDeathReaperx macrumors regular

2. simsaladimbamba

Since other manufacturers don't have the license to build MagSafe adapters, you should be careful.

3. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

i would just buy another one from apple and store it this time as you intend. it's more expensive but you could run into problems with third party chargers, and end up with a problem much worse than a chewed up magsafe.

4. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

My rule is that if it deals with storing electricity or fairly high voltages/wattages then I go with something that's been verified as tested as safe. Some knockoff isn't going to fit that bill (plus they've ripped off the magsafe which is patented). I wouldn't trust it.

I just bought a good condition new design (L) Apple one for $10 more since mine just bit the dust as well. You can get old design ones in good condition for the same price as the one you're looking at.

5. randomrazr macrumors 65816

u can always try to to buy refurbished ones from apple if theyhave that

but macbook pro = 1000 plus computer

id def buy a authetnic apple one

6. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

I'd go apple, especially since those pictures are just of the apple one. I personally wouldn't trust it.

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I wouldn't trust or recommend any battery or charger that didn't come from Apple. There have been too many complaints of problems with 3rd party products. It's not worth the risk of damaging your MBP and not being covered by warranty or AppleCare, no matter how small that risk might be.

8. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

No.

Buy a real Apple one; others may damage your MPB (or MB, for that matter). It's just not worth the risk.