Is this macbook safe..?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by poozer115, Jun 24, 2009.

1. poozer115 macrumors regular

poozer115

I'm going to get a macbook pro within the next three months. I found this deal on the refurb store, and am really excited;

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FB470LL/A?mco=MjE0NDk5Mw

Just making sure this computer is okay..? I think it's Gen. A, so is it riddled with defects that would make it bad to purchase? I've heard all sorts of stuff about crooked and easily worn keys, terrible screens, graphics cards that last three months. Of course this community likes to complain :eek: but seriously.. is this laptop safe to buy and be used for 3 or so years? Thanks!

2. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

That's a Macbook Pro. Only the 13" Macbook had complaints about screen quality and crooked keys. No matter what this forum says you will have to purchase it and find out for yourself. We can't assure you anything in terms of buying a refurb however most people are quite happy with refurbs as they generally will have most issues ironed out.

3. Mhmm macrumors member

Don't buy that! ... because I want one, and I don't want them to go out of stock before I get my hands on one of 'em.

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I'd buy it and I'd be willing to bet that it would last well into 2012....:cool::cool::cool:

5. spaceboots06 macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

Yeah you won't have a problem with that rig!!!

6. EMKarelia macrumors regular

EMKarelia

A mac is a mac. I agree you still wont know until you try it for yourself. I have my mac for over 2 years now and still no problems with it. Works as good as new.

7. yaroldb macrumors 6502

That's the one I have, I got it back in Feb as a refurb. Only I paid $1700 not the lower price it is now. I'm not bitter though. Worth every penny. :D