Is this MBP 15 or 17 inch?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Fresh Burek, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Fresh Burek macrumors newbie

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Be careful when shopping on eBay. Many products are not as they are advertised. Apple doesn't sell refurb models on eBay.

Apple refurbished products are considered by most to be a very good deal, as they're pretty much like buying a new Mac, except for the box.
    • Apple Certified Refurbished Products are available online from the Apple Refurb Store and are not sold in local Apple stores
    • Educational discounts do not apply to refurb products.
    • Refurb products come with the same warranty as new products, and qualify for AppleCare
    • Refurb products have a changed serial number that identifies them as refurbished
    • Refurb products come with whatever OS version and software they originally shipped with as new
    • Refurb products come with the same items in the box as new products, only the box is a plain one, not the new box.
    • A refurb product could have some cosmetic signs of prior use, but rarely do
    • A refurb Mac may have some cycles on the battery, but not a significant enough amount to affect usable life
    • The refurb store inventory changes frequently, sometimes several times a day, and doesn't have any direct relation to upcoming product releases. What's available in the refurb store is determined by what has been returned to Apple.
    • If you're looking for a particular item, refurb.me can alert you when it becomes available.

You can find specs on all Apple products:

3. Fresh Burek thread starter macrumors newbie

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

According to that site, the condition is shown as "Reconditioned", which is not the same as Apple Certified Refurbished. It may suit your needs perfectly, but I wouldn't trust it. I'd rather buy directly from Apple.

5. Fresh Burek thread starter macrumors newbie

Ahh I see now. It is third-party refurbished, not Apple-refurbished.

6. cocacolakid macrumors 65816

cocacolakid

With Apple refurbs bought from Apple you get the same full 1 year warranty starting from the day of purchase. If it needs repair you can either walk it into an Apple store or call them to arrange repair. You can also buy AppleCare and extend the warranty.

Those features alone have kept me from buying a used or seller reconditioned/refurbished Mac from anyone else.

7. george-brooks macrumors 6502a

george-brooks

I would never buy something on eBay with as little information about the product as that post had! I tend to stay away from those big ebay vendors. Even though their feedback says 99.7%, a closer look shows 1113 negative feedbacks in the past year. These guys sell so much stuff they don't care if a thousand people have a bad experience. Thats 3 per day! You could be one of those people very easily. Stay away from these guys.