Is this MBPR Vent Normal?

pkeynote

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2012
Hello, i noticed this little Gap in my new MBP Retina Air vent:

Is this normal? Would you go for an exchange?

Thanks a lot, if you can post yours :D

Last edited by a moderator:

pkeynote

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2012
Hi,

Here is what it looks like on my retina macbook, it is the same on other side.

Yours don't look normal compared to the one I got.
Hum, i don't know if is a build defect and ask for an exchange, or stay with it.

No more defects trough, no persistence..

BB.King

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2012
London UK
Looks like it wasn't assemble properly. If you just brought this recently and have an apple store closely be, I'd suggest pop in to see if they can fix this or exchange for a new one.

This is an area where dirt can get into the machine, so can't be good for long term health.

pkeynote

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2012
Seems not normal, but no Apple Store Near, Ill ask via email to my premium reseller.

AzN1337c0d3r

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2010
Looks normal to me. There's maybe 1 mm clearance there, which is well within the manufacturing tolerances for big parts like these.

Unless you're experiencing a functional issue with the rMBP (like.... Image Retention) I would not return it.

klover

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
Hello, i noticed this little Gap in my new MBP Retina Air vent:

Is this normal? Would you go for an exchange?

Thanks a lot, if you can post yours :D
I've owned 6 and I saw this on at least 2.

If you have a Samsung display (the reason I went through that many), I wouldn't risk exchanging for something that trivial.

pkeynote

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2012
I've owned 6 and I saw this on at least 2.

If you have a Samsung display (the reason I went through that many), I wouldn't risk exchanging for something that trivial.
Yes! Samsung display, whow 6 :O, so if 2 had it i would then not risk at getting a bad display. In fact this is my 2nd the other showed Screen Persistance (LG).

IGregory

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2012
My unit is the same so I would say it is normal. I read this earlier. I stopped by the Apple store and all eight of the retinas on display were identical.

Dark Void

macrumors 68030
Jun 1, 2011
I wouldn't return it for something like that. It's obviously up to you as to whether it genuinely bothers you or not though.