Is this model ok for me?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Knighty8, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Knighty8 macrumors newbie

Heya guys this is my first post on the forum, I've been looking into getting a MacBook pro in the coming weeks and was wondering of the standard 13" would be ok for me? It's mainly going to be used for coding and general use..

I've looked at some posts and people are saying there are going to be i5 13" MacBook pros but do I need one and my guess is the price is going to be a fair bit higher than they are now..

Thanks in advanced guys!

Knighty8

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Welcome to MacRumors! :)

Apple doesn't tend to raise prices with processor updates, but I don't anticipate they'll be adding the i5 processor to the 13" MacBooks anytime soon. ...Of course, one can never know what Apple has planned, but it seems unlikely that they'll be able to fit it inside the smaller enclosure anytime soon.

3. Knighty8 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for the fast response and the warm welcome, do you think the standard 13" will be ok for my needs that I mentioned in the first post?

Thanks in advanced

Knighty8

4. Epsilon88 macrumors 6502

For you needs, the current Macbook Pro is more than sufficient! It's really hard to know when Apple will update the Macbook Pro very significantly. It's best to get the laptop when you feel you need it.

The 13" screen is great, but if you're going to be coding for extended hours, I'd also recommend getting an external matte monitor if you have the money. I love using an external monitor when I'm at home for extra productivity. I love the Dell Ultrasharp 23" for $339. A good cheaper TN display Dell is also available for $169.

5. Knighty8 thread starter macrumors newbie

Nice, thanks for your reply, I need one very soon so may aswell go for that one then. I have a 19" LCD tv that I've been using for my monitor for months now so will use that for when I'm doing long sessions, once again thank you a lot for your quick and helpful replies

Knighty8

6. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

7. Epsilon88 macrumors 6502

Great choice. :D