Is this my cue to sell?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by daneoni, May 21, 2010.

1. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

I just got my 3GS swapped out due to a crack around the ringer switch but oddly enough i just yanked my SIM card from the new phone and put the phone in the original box and dumped it in my drawer

I'm thinking now is the perfect time to sell it seeing as its new and its also legally unlocked. In the interim i'm using a BlackBerry Bold 9000 and i hate OS 4.6 with passion.

Im not debating between 1. Getting the upcoming iPhone 4 2. Buying an HTC Desire now or 3. None of the above and just sticking with my new 3GS for another year.

Im quite torn. I'm bored of the iPhone but the fact is it works and has served me well. Also anytime i consider Android i remember how messy updating to new firmwares can get (months of waiting) and how it sucks multimedia wise. Finally nothing i've heard about iPhone 4 has really piqued my interest...don't care about the camera update front or back, design or even OS 4.0 in its entirety...meh.

Anyhue i'm thinking regardless of what i end up doing i should at least sell my 3GS now right?

2. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

How'd you get it unlocked?

3. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni

iPhones in the UK can be legally unlocked due to availability on more than one or two carriers

4. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Nice

5. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

Quick question for you, don't know if you will be able to answer but it's worth asking. Anyway, I currently have an unlocked 3GS, I paid £20 for o2 to unlock it for me, anyway, I need to have this iPhone replaced as it's started to develop cracks, will Apple just give me another locked phone and I will have to pay another £20 to have it unlocked or are they able to provide me with an unlocked iPhone or even unlock it in store for free for me?

6. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni

The unlock should transfer over to your replacement phone

7. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

Really? Is that how it worked with yours? It's just that I had an iPhone 3G which I paid to have unlocked through o2, a few weeks later I upgraded to the 3GS and had to oay another£20 to have that one unlocked aswell

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If you can sell it now, I'd sell it now, because after June, the price of an iPhone is going to go down because the supply of used iphones will skyrocket.

9. AAPLaday Guest

AAPLaday

Id sell it while you can, This is a great opportunity for you to get rid. The general public arent aware that a new model is imminent so you can get good prices for it. I got £495 for my 32GB 3GS a few weeks ago.

10. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

I would sell my unlocked 3GS now but it has a few small hairline cracks on it which I'm sure will affect the price

11. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni

Probably because you upgraded and thus reset your account as opposed to a simple like-for-like warranty replacement.

Id kill for that return. Was it new? how much should i be looking to get for my 16GB one?

I shall put it up on ebay then. Thanks

12. Formula1freak macrumors member

Formula1freak

So true, smart idea :p

13. AAPLaday Guest

AAPLaday

Yeah it was just over a month old. I originally had a 16GB which i sold in february but decided with the new o2 tariffs that came out to get a 32GB on contract rather than wait till summer. Got it in March and sold it at end of april but not before i got o2 to unlock it for me.

PAYG prices for the 16GB are about £440 so i think anything over 370 is a good price. I shipped mine to a family member in london so that why i managed to get such a good offer. I was going to go ebay but im not sure how much they take off with the fees.