Is this negative black?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BobboZR2, Jul 25, 2008.

1. BobboZR2 macrumors regular

I'm pretty sure my phone suffers from this (hence my other thread), but I'm trying to make sure. My phone has a distinct shimmering effect when view head on when looking at dark images. I have to move my phone at various angles in order to get the details of what I'm looking at. I accepted it at first since I didn't know anything about this kind of issue (or that it even had a name for that matter) but I just chalked it telling myself "that's how it's supposed to be". It's annoying when watching movies (see Tokyo Drift night scene below). So, do the following pictures show negative black?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

3. BobboZR2 thread starter macrumors regular

The pictures don't do it justice. I just saved my movie image (when viewing this post here from my iPhone) to my iPhone and when I go into the albums to look at the picture, I cannot make out where my iPhone ends and my computer screen begins like in the pic that you see now. It's completely black all the way across and this is on the brightest setting.

4. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

That's not what negative black is though. Negative black is when full blacks start turning shades of grey.

5. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

I don't think you have negative black.

THIS is negative black.

[​IMG]