Is this new?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Courageous, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Courageous macrumors newbie

I just noticed the 'Now Playing' app supports third-party apps now. Is this new or did I miss it all this time?

The thing is though, I don't know how to get to the 'Now Playing' app if you didn't have it pinned to the dock before the 3.2 update. It used to be tapping the music complication opens the 'Now Playing' app but now it just opens the music app. I had the Now Playing app pinned and now it can control apps other than Music.

Attached Files:

2. bluespark macrumors 65816

That feature is not new; it's different from the "Now Playing" section of the Music app.

I agree with you that it should be easier to get to. I wish swiping left or right from the watch face would get me to the Now Playing screen instead of other watch faces. I would use that all the time. As it is, I have mine in the Dock, but I still hate having to look for it when I want to make a quick adjustment to whatever is playing.

3. Courageous thread starter macrumors newbie

How can you get to it if you removed it from the dock? I'm afraid to remove it and see. :)

4. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Music app> Now Playing
    [​IMG]

5. Courageous thread starter macrumors newbie

That one is different though. Here are the two 'Now Playing'

IMG_0931.PNG IMG_0930.PNG

6. bradbomb macrumors regular

How do you change the look of now playing? My volume marker is a line, not a circle

7. Julien, Apr 2, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2017

Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Those images are from wOS2 (round volume) and don't match your original image post. So what version of wOS are you running and which are you seeing (which are your pics)?

This what wOS 3.x looks like (and in your fist post).

[​IMG]

8. twinlight, Apr 2, 2017

twinlight macrumors 6502

twinlight

The look of Now playing is dependent on source and output. It will change depending on music from your phone, streaming, radio station, like/dislike, thumb up/down, love it. If you have it in your library or not.

9. Julien, Apr 2, 2017

Julien macrumors G3

Julien

So you are saying the 'old' wOS 2 round volume control will show up depending on source? What source does this????

[​IMG] [​IMG]

10. twinlight macrumors 6502

twinlight

Round when playing from Apple Music or local library. Bar when playing Spotify or SoundCloud.

11. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Here is mine playing from :apple:Music and it is a bar. Please post a screen shout of yours.
    [​IMG]

12. twinlight macrumors 6502

twinlight

Depends on what you play on Apple Music I belive.

I got this now when trying Spotify, Spotify radio, SoundCloud and Apple music (local library)
    --- Post Merged, Apr 2, 2017 ---
    Also tried this with youtube in browser, youtube app and netflix.

Attached Files:

13. Julien, Apr 2, 2017

Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Now this is just really WEARD. I played a track that was downloaded on my :apple:Watch (I always use my iPhone) and got the round volume. Then I went back and played the same track on my iPhone and it is now changed to round.o_O I actually like the round better but it was changed to straight in wOS 3.x. Seems to be some type of bug since it is not even consistent.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Just for kicks. Here is the same track playing on my Mac using the Remote app.

[​IMG]

14. bradbomb macrumors regular

I have always had the straight volume nob from wOS 1 till wOS 3. I've never paid or used Apple Music. My only sources of playback were just music stored on iphone, music stored on Apple Watch, and Podcast controls. Always been a straight line