Is This Normal? 5s/ios 7 Apps sometimes shift or realign when returning to hm screen?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by U4icLab, Sep 22, 2013.

1. U4icLab macrumors regular

Hi! I'm just curious if anyone else is experiencing this. At times while within an app or website, upon returning to the home screen, all apps or perhaps the background realigns or shifts downward? It's a very brief realignment and seems to happen while parallax is on (motion in accessibility settings).

2. nikhsub1 macrumors 68000

nikhsub1

Yes I noticed this too. It is odd but now that it isn't only me, I'll not worry about it :)

3. AceMason macrumors regular

Yeah it's a software issue. Let's hope they fix it in an update soon.

4. U4icLab thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks guys! It's reassuring to know that's it's not just me. That'll save me from pointless restores to fix :)

5. BlueKhufu macrumors regular

I don't believe it is something that will be fixed. I believe it happens when the parallax feature recalibrates it's neutral position.

6. StumpyBloke macrumors regular

StumpyBloke

This ^^^^^ (IMHO)

7. PTVMan macrumors 6502a

I too have noticed it and wondered if it was related to the parallax view. It doesn't happen every time but when it does it's pretty noticeable.

8. nikhsub1 macrumors 68000

nikhsub1

Ive been running iOS 7 on my iphone 5 since the first beta and never noticed this before... I'm sure this is something that can and will be fixed by apple.

9. BlueKhufu macrumors regular

As have I and I can assure you it has been doing this on mine since at least b2. I didn't notice it on b1 but I can't say it didn't do it.

10. AceMason macrumors regular

It happened a lot on my iPhone 5 when I was running the beta versions of iOS7 but it hasn't happened on my 5S yet.

11. ipoddin macrumors 6502a

ipoddin

12. MacintoshDan macrumors regular

seems to be a common problem. My 5s does it. there are a lot of threads about this issue here and on the apple support forums.

13. merrickdrfc macrumors 6502

Haven't noticed it at all on my 5 running the beta's and GM seed, but definitely noticed it a few times on my 5s

14. fender57 macrumors 6502

I've noticed it on my 5 and I just chalked it up to the parallax function resetting itself. It doesn't bother me but I suspect it will be fixed on a subsequent release.

15. eattherich macrumors 6502

eattherich

I have my iPhone 5 and my brand new iPhone 5s here (both on 7.0.2). I have this problem on the 5s but not on the 5. I'm glad I'm not the only one getting this.

16. gCloud macrumors 6502a

I think it is a combination of parallax and the level sensor being off. it seems that most 5s gyros are off. to the guys who have a 5 can you check the level using the compass and see if this theory holds.

17. eattherich macrumors 6502

eattherich

I'll try it when I'm home - I just got called into work :(

18. WilliamG macrumors 604

My dead-on iPhone 5 did this, too. So the parallax funkiness is not a uniquely 5s issue.

19. gCloud macrumors 6502a

thanks for info

20. wxman2003 Suspended

Are you using apple's wallpaper, or your own? I have only noticed it when i use a different wallpaper other than the stock wallpaper that comes with the iphone 5s. Wallpaper for parallax is a different size than the standard wallpaper. It actually not the icons moving, but the non parralax wallpaper trying to recenter itself.

21. eattherich macrumors 6502

eattherich

When I've tried it's been with the standard wallpaper that you get upon a fresh install of iOS.

22. Nolander07 macrumors 6502a

Mine does it with the stock wallpaper as well. I turned off the parallax and that fixed it. Hopefully this will be addressed soon along with other things with a software update.

23. AppleFan91 macrumors 65816

AppleFan91

I've had 3 iPhone 5s's already and they have ALL done that. It looks like iOS 7 did get a little bit of Android ;) jkjk

24. Baytriple macrumors 6502

25. Frankied22 macrumors 68000

Frankied22

I am glad it wasn't just me having this problem. It's happening on my 5C with stock wallpaper.