Is this normal [battery health?]

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Ih8reno, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Ih8reno macrumors 65816

Ih8reno

My 2011 13" pro has about 150 cycles on it and the coconut battery says I have 4950mah for a full charge, down from 5700mah. It also shows its at about 86% capacity from the original full charge. Is this normal wear or should I replace the battery.

2. sofianito macrumors 65816

sofianito

Wait for GGStudios answer... He is the expert in this matter... :)

3. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I love how this is always the first response to every battery related thread if GGStudios hasn't gotten there yet.

4. revalationist macrumors member

You should most certainly replace the battery, because even if it isn't broken, you still have a working macbook

5. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

You should replace the battery if it's fully functional?

6. Ih8reno thread starter macrumors 65816

Ih8reno

I am a bit confused, I should replace it because my laptop works well?

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It is perfectly normal if your battery health (maximum capacity) is more or less than 100%, even when brand new, or if it fluctuates up or down over time. The gradual decline is not in a straight line downward, and it may decline more rapidly at some times and slower at others. For further details, read the CHECKING STATUS AND HEALTH section of the following link.
    The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.
    Even if your battery health dips below 80%, you don't need to replace it unless the battery is no longer holding sufficient charge to meet your needs, or exhibits some other problem such as swelling.

8. Ih8reno thread starter macrumors 65816

Ih8reno

Chatted online w Apple the supervisor said he didn't think it sounded great. Told me to take it in to an apple store and made an apt for me. Did a scan at the store they showed me their diagnostic test and it showed its in the norm for now.