Is this normal battery life for a 3GS?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ItalianBoston, Mar 15, 2010.

1. ItalianBoston macrumors regular

2. gigapocket1 macrumors 65816

i would have to say that that is almost normal. You are kinda on the low side.
    just checked my phone, 2 hours of usage and 4 hours of standby time and im at 65%.

I noticed that you have bluetooth on. I would have to say that you need to turn off bluetooth. Bluetooth is a huge battery drain. Also try switching the phone from 3g to 2g when your just playing games and even talking on the phone. You can easily prolong your battery significantly when doing that. Only switch to 3g when you browse the web or in need of fast internet.

3. OzExige macrumors 6502

OzExige

Talk time 3hrs + is about right

11 hrs standby seems low - my 3GS (used constantly everyday since purchase - push trapster, push mail, wifi seek, 20 - 30 SMS a day, iPod, maps, app store, Safari, MotionX, personal Accounts, iDisk, JotNot and a few others) has about that or less, however,
    my wife's 3GS gets 20 hrs + standby (real standby), at least a full day between charging

4. ok3wire macrumors member

If I start off with a full charge in the morning and do a lot of surfing that day, it's not unusual for me to do two near full recharges before putting it back on the charger at bedtime.

5. LaunchpadBS macrumors 6502a

I had the same issue with my 3G, it was about 18months old to be fair, I replaced the battery with a 1600MAH lithium ion pack, cost me £8 online and the battery lasts the entire day now with everything on and still has about 20% power left when I turn in for the night. It's a cinch to replace. Apple wanted to charge me £70 for it.

6. ItalianBoston thread starter macrumors regular

Yea. I am finding that I have to recharge my phone at least once a day. I don't even think I am using it that much. I will talk on it for a little, check email a lot through the day and send texts. No real web usage or anything else that I see that drains the battery.

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

See post #2.