is this normal??? (battery life)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SBik2, Sep 26, 2007.

1. SBik2 macrumors 6502a

SBik2

i get very bad battery life with light usage..
    wifi is on and asks to join networks
    bluetooth is always off
    i use the internet a few times a day
    use the ipod a few times a day for 5-10 min periods
    and the battery is dead by 1030 pm.. and i unplug it every morning at 720 am..
    and wen the 20% battery life pop-up comes, with 1 minute,the 10% warning comes up..plus i think i have a few stuck pixels in mixed areas...
    so is this normal?

2. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

By "ipod use" do you mean audio or video?

But regardless that does seem fairly low. I'd take it in and show the apple store the usage stats. If anything, the stuck pixels make it worth of a return as well.

3. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Thats not good at all. I can usually go about 2 days without charging with moderate use. That is some audio use, lots of web browsing, mail, stocks, youtube, weathre, phone. Right now im running on 7 hours and 2 minutes use with 1 day 12 hours standby. Battery is low, but its still got some left in it.

4. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

Your battery life is lower than average. I would suggest you to make an appointment with the Genius bar just in case they may want to change it.

5. SBik2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

SBik2

well im 14 so can i make an appt at the genuis bar? or can i just take it in..?and i do have the apple care...
    so you guys think they'd replace it?
    also.. i guess it means i gotta take off my 3rd party apps..

6. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Pfsh, age isnt an excuse!! Anyway, yes, restore your phone and return it to apple, and they should hand you a brand new one.

7. SBik2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

SBik2

well im on the phone with apple support and i have one of those incase cases i guess there the ones that really scratch the phone.... and the sales man promised me that it wont scratch..

ok i got off the phone with apple a bit ago.. and he wanted to do the mail in repair and i said no and he also said the battery is definitely and issue and had him note my case so i can get an exchange this weekend... i will u guys no wen i get the exchange