Is this normal? Battery related

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Muscle, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Muscle macrumors regular

Oct 15, 2010
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

My mbp is 1 week old. It is the 15" i7 2.66 4gb ram 500gb HD@7200rpm

noticed that at 100% I am only getting a tad less than 4 hrs of juice when continuously watching HD YouTube clips with caffeine on. Is this normal? I was hoping to get more. Also I'm getting a bit over 6 hrs of juice if I'm just browsing the web and checking email, again with caffeine on.

In addition, is there a major diff bt the moshi and marware keyboard guard?
  2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

May 16, 2008
    This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions: Apple Notebook Battery FAQ

Note the section on BATTERY LIFE FROM A CHARGE.
  3. jclardy macrumors 68040

Oct 6, 2008
    What level screen brightness are you at?

You should download gfxCardStatus if you haven't already. This will show you which graphics chip your mac is currently using.

I have found that if you are using the nVidia 330m all the time you will get much lower battery life in this model, around 5 hours. If you use gfxCardStatus and set to Intel only you can get around 8 depending on your screen brightness.
    I usually keep mine around 50%-70%.
  4. Hisdem macrumors 6502a

Jul 3, 2010
    Boca Raton, FL
    4 hours of flash streaming on a Mac considering HD video sounds amazing :eek:
  5. Muscle thread starter macrumors regular

Oct 15, 2010
    Thank you, was a good read!

Thanks for the handy app! is it possible for my mbp to run hd videos on youtube smoothly on the integrated GPU i/o the nVidia?

I kinda lied it's closer to 3.5 hours :p

Coming from a lifetime PC user I am extremely satisfied with the performance of my MBP. But CNET's review seems to rank the battery at a tad less than 6 hours with continuous video this b/c I am flash streaming?