Is this normal battery usage?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by chkenwing, Mar 31, 2016.

1. chkenwing macrumors regular

I've noticed that my battery seems to be draining a lot quicker than used to.

From 100% to 40%, I'm getting like under 3 hours usage of it.

I've attached some screenshots of my battery:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. xixi.li macrumors regular

3. Techexp2 macrumors member

Hi,

It depends according to the condition of the battery and you can improve the battery life by keeping the phone as near as to room temperature, avoid exposing to extreme heat or cold, Close background apps, Use low power mode, turn off GPS and other networking feature.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

Generally it's fairly important to mention what device is in question (and potentially even what iOS version is on it).

5. chkenwing thread starter macrumors regular

My bad, I thought I had added that information.

iPhone 6S+ with 9.3 (when the screenshot was taken)

6. slapppy macrumors 65816

Stop using Facebook and your battery will last much longer.

7. GrimmGrimm macrumors newbie

GrimmGrimm

Looks normal for auto brightness or mid level. Something I don't often see mentioned in battery issues & questions is brightness setting. That makes a huge difference! I've gotten used to using all my iPhone's and iPads with brightness all the way down, unless I am outside or reading. It seems as if it uses barely any battery in comparison to full brightness, where you can practically watch the battery go down (I always set battery to show as percentage beside the icon in status bar) I'm typing this with brightness all the down. I'm going to be reading and drawing so I just quickly pulled up the bottom bar to nudge brightness up a tiny bit.

8. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

2.5 hours between Facebook and YouTube is your issue!

But a serious question, do you really need to spend 90 minutes on Facebook.

9. chkenwing thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply guys. I got rid of the Facebook app now and battery improved immensely. I now just use the browser (which incidentally has curbed my need to be on douchebook)