Is this normal??? (concerning battery health)

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by jchu90, Nov 24, 2010.

1. jchu90 macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

New to macrumors forum. I was looking into buying a new macbook pro and I was just looking at my current macbook 13 inch and I hadn't checked my battery health for a while so I went and had a look. I was extremely suprised to see my battery had done 1046 cycles and according to istat, my battery was at 92% health...

I have had my macbook 13 inch since november 2007. It has been having a few problems lately with over heating but I was wondering if it was normal to have a battery that had gone through so many cycles and still have around 4-5 hours battery life (when I am just browsing the net and doing uni work i.e not watching movies or listening to music)

Guess I am lucky :)

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If you haven't calibrated your battery properly, the readings are likely inaccurate. If you're getting that much life after that many cycles, you should be glad. Is that 4-5 hours until it shuts down, or 4-5 hours estimated, as displayed by iStat Pro, iStat Menus or coconutBattery?

This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions: Apple Notebook Battery FAQ

3. jchu90 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah,

I haven't re-calibrated my battery at all. However, it does last 4-5 hours still, if I use it for only word processing and web browsing.

Thanks