Is this normal for an iPhone 6 Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AppleUser2, Mar 23, 2015.

1. AppleUser2 macrumors member

Just wanted to check if the below is normal, if so I'll just live with it:

When I listen to Spotify whilst using other apps the music from Spotify stutters, especially when I open Safari and go between tabs. Deezer is the same (but not as bad).

When I play Asphalt 8 Airborne it just isn't smooth. Should it be?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

2. donster28 macrumors 65816

That happens on mine too and I attribute it to poor software optimization. Otherwise, this might be an effect of the iPhone 6 Plus's limited RAM.

Now that I gave my 2 cents, could you return the favour and respond to my post? ;) :http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1858875

3. Batman89 macrumors 6502

Probably due to the 1GB of RAM. Try closing apps in the background and that should help.

4. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

5. AppleUser2 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. When I click on the link it just goes straight to my post? I think you have confirmed for me that this is a device issue - the phone just doesn't seem to have enough grunt to handle what I am getting it to do.

----------

I hope so but doubt it. I do wonder if it's just the RAM/CPU just not up to it.

6. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

I'm not getting any stutter with Spotify playing in the background while browsing Safari.

I don't have the game you are referring to. Is this happening on a cellular connection or home wifi? Is your signal good if on cellular? It's possible you're getting the stutter because the bandwidth can't handle streaming both music and whatever game or website you are attempting to load/view. A poor network connection could do this.

If not, try reinstalling Spotify and see if that fixes it. 1GB of RAM is going to be plenty to play music and a game. And as far as "background apps" go, "closing" them out won't do much. Those apps aren't active. The system will intelligently pull from RAM based on the active tasks being performed. It wouldn't continue to hold frozen apps in RAM cache at the expense of active apps.

----------

The CPU is more than capable of streaming music and playing a mobile game. If none of the above work, I'd suggest a soft reset (home and power buttons held down until you see the Apple logo on the screen). If none of the above works, a full restore.

If that still doesn't work, I'm open to the idea that it might be a RAM issue.