Is this normal from 4th gen iPads? (blue tint)

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by al82, Mar 30, 2013.

1. al82 macrumors regular

I bought an ipad 4 a few weeks back and the edges (top and bottom) had a blue tint to them when on a white screen.

Considering the main reason i bought an ipad was to read comics on it, meaning the screen would be white around the edges 90% of the time, i decided to return it.

The replacement i got was the same. So i called Apple and the guy spoke to his team leader and the team leader said he had heard of the issue before, but it was not normal and i should replace it.

The replacement.... the same.

I am wondering is this normal? if someone can put on a white background and look at the edges i would really appreciate it, to see if there is a blue tint.

I am thinking maybe because i got my ipad and the replacements from John Lewis store and not Apple store maybe thy have older stock.

2. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

3. al82 thread starter macrumors regular

Tried, it does not really come out in photos.

You can see it though, is showed 3 people a white wallpaper and all three spotted it without me telling them exactly what to look for.

Just wondering if others see a light blue hue to the edges of their screen when they put on a white background.

4. al82 thread starter macrumors regular

THANK YOU everyone for taking the time to help. Carrying out a simple 1 minute task to help a fellow on here.

Much appreciated, helping others, thank you all.

5. Han Solo 1 macrumors 6502

what? :confused:

6. al82 thread starter macrumors regular

Was being sarcastic lol, no one helped with my simple problem.

7. Infinite Jest macrumors 6502

Have you tried taking a look at display models in various stores?

8. mattfab macrumors member

I have the ipad 4, just pulled up a full screen white picture, no blue tints or anything abnormal with mine. Sorry to hear about that, hope it works out