Is this normal iphone battery life, or is there battery drain problem?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sw6lee, Nov 8, 2014.

1. sw6lee macrumors regular

Hi guys,

I recently got a new iphone 4s completely new and with ios 7.1.2 for cheap.

I always heard iphones compared to android phones have amazing sleep time, like the most popular technology youtuber MKBHD says in his videos it only drops like 2 percent overnight, etc.

However, my iohone 4s dropped 15 percent last night and it seemed like it pulled 3 email notifications and thats it. My signal is perfect at home, and wifi was on.

Do you know if this is normal on ios 7.1.2?

Thanks.

2. sw6lee thread starter macrumors regular

Anyone? I think it's draining when I'm using too, like 1% every 2 minutes.

3. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I think you need to use your new phone for a few weeks and see how it goes.

4. apb89 macrumors regular

15% seems a bit high. Can you post a screenshot of your battery usage details for the past 24 hours? Thanks!

5. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Did you use the phone just one night? I too, would use it for a couple of days before deciding any of the data you collect is worth anything.

6. sw6lee thread starter macrumors regular

Yea this morning, I checked and it drained from 99 to 81. Even steeper drop, but there were quite a few notifications. Maybe I should try do not disturb mode to save battery overnight? I'm not really gonna leave it unplugged every night, but I'm trying out the standby time right now for this new phone, so I'm testing it during the weekend.

I see. Thanks for letting me know. I thought doing the full charge cycle, by draining to 0% and charging to 100% would be sufficient. Hopefully it becomes much better soon..

----------

Oh yea, I forgot to respond to what you said. I'm still on iOS 7.1.2, so detailed battery usage per app isn't shown on my phone. Also, I did fully charge my phone before I went to bed last night, and I haven't plugged in yet, but the battery usage says the usage time will be shown after fully charged. I don't know why. I did fully charge last night.