Is this normal? iPhone Shipping?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RandallMorgan, Jul 6, 2009.

1. RandallMorgan macrumors newbie

I ordered a 32GB Black 3GS from the Apple Online store on Thursday July 2nd with 2-3 day shipping. It still hasn't shipped. Is this normal? The status has never said backordered and I was wondering if anyone else has experience a delay like this. Thanks for any thoughts.

2. alldat macrumors regular

I ordered July 1 at 10AM and mine still hasn't shipped. Not backordered either. They just say that it takes 5-7 business days to ship. I called to see WTF was going on and they moved me up to 1 day shipping for free for my troubles.

3. RandallMorgan thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks....i'll do that if it doesn't ship tomorrow or at least change it status. Does anyone else have any similar stories?

4. Prospekt macrumors regular

Not as drastic but I ordered July 5 at 11 AM EST and mine hasn't shipped. I've been phoneless for 3 days and counting so I'm anxiously awaiting a change in shipping status

5. macfanboy macrumors 6502a

if today is July 6, you must have called them before you ordered?

6. Engteach macrumors newbie

I placed an order on June 25 and it still hadn't shipped on July 1st so I cancelled it and drove to the Apple store 3 hours away.

7. RandallMorgan thread starter macrumors newbie

I would but I'm neither the primary account holder nor an authorized user.

8. Prospekt macrumors regular

I meant July 4, whoops.

9. ericvmazzone macrumors regular

If it is stated that it ships in 5-7 days, you have no reason to complain if it does not ship before the 11th. You placed your order on July 2nd, so the 2nd + 7 days + 2 more for the weekend = a ship date of the 11th. Anything sooner is bonus. I does not matter that you paid for 2-3 day shipping, they still have to prepare your order, package it get it to the shipping department who will then ship it. That takes time, hence the 'ships in 5-7 days'.

You paid for expedited shipping NOT processing. BTW you might need to add another day before it ships because of the holiday weekend, they may not have been processing orders on the 3rd.

Don't complain and just wait. It'll come, I ran a shipping department for 3 years, I KNOW how this work. Take it from a subject matter expert.

10. iPhoneFreak17 macrumors member

iPhoneFreak17

whats the difference between ordering online and buying one from the AT&T or Apple store??isnt it quicker to get it from the ATT store

11. tonymorton2000 macrumors newbie

12. ericvmazzone macrumors regular

That depends on the company. Even if they do work on sundays in the warehouse, it still will not ship until later on Monday or whenever the UPS orders are sent out. Tuesday would be the first day in transit for the package if the ship date is monday. So five to seven business days is next monday to wednesday.

13. Lakerfan210 macrumors regular

I doubt it that they work Sundays. And they probably don't work Saturdays either.