Is this normal on an iPhone 6 screen?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Radon87000, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Radon87000 macrumors 601

I just bought a brand new iPhone 6 and there is a yellowish gradient at the top of the screen as you can see in the pic below at max brightness.Do all iPhones have it?The rest of the screen is fine but the top is yellow
    [​IMG]

2. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

It's quite difficult to judge from a picture....
    In my case the screen is pretty uniform.

3. Meister Suspended

Meister

We have two 5cs at home.
    My screen is a bit dimmer, with a yellow tint.
    Nothing is perfect.

4. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

.... Megan Fox being an exception :D

5. ToyGun1 macrumors 6502

Looks fine just a bit yellow on the top upto you. If you want to play the exchange screen lottery game.

6. Radon87000 thread starter macrumors 601

But do all iPhones have it to a certain extent on the top?I am coming from a Nexus 4 which had a crystal white screen and a quick google search reveals a lot of people have this issue and I dont want to settle for a device which may have more tint than this at the top

7. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

Mine has a bit of a yellow tint at the top but I don't see it as a problem. If it bothers you I would visit your local Apple store and see if they are willing to offer you a replacement. It doesn't affect the way I use it or bother me so it would be more time out of my busy life trying to get mine replaced I am thinking. Give it a shot and let us know what they say. :)

8. imagineadam macrumors 6502a

Sending mine back today for that. Mine is also yellow from the left to right. The whole color temperature changes from a warming yellow to a cool blue. It's like half and half. My top right corner is dimmer too. This will be my 3rd totally that I have sent back. First one had dark blotches in the middle with no yellow. Second one had FaceTime camera problem and dark right corner. Third is the one I talked about at the beginning. I'm losing hope! I just want a uniform screen! Does anyone out there have a good iPhone 6 screen with a pic to prove it? I haven't seen one yet! They must exist or everyone just doesn't care or it doesn't bother them! It drives me nuts while reading!

What week number is that from? Mine is a 48, previous were 39 and 40. Go to that chipmunk website and type in your serial number. Just curious if the newer ones still have this problem.

9. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Mine has a slight yellow tint all over, slightly worse to the middle left. It is acceptable to me, although not uniformly lit and certainly not perfect. I've seen worse.

10. tmaxxtigger macrumors member

Seems to be a fairly common problem but does not bother most people. I have a shadow on the top right by the battery %. One replacement (screen was worse, color shift left right) and a screen replacement has done little to fix the issue. Will try getting a screen replacement in the future with the hope they have fixed their manufacturing issues.

11. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

virginblue4

I had mine replaced last week for the same problem, except the yellow tint on mine was towards the left of the screen. My new device is much better, however, still not perfect.

I'd get a replacement. Once you've noticed it, you always will.

12. bevsb2, Jan 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2015

bevsb2 macrumors 65816

My iPhone 6 has a slight shadow at the top as many apparently do, but no yellow. In the past I probably would have returned it, but I've mellowed and also hate the return cycle. In addition I noticed that most of the iPhone 6 demos in the Apple store had the shadowing at the top to some degree and getting one without it would be like playing the lottery.

If I were you I would replace the phone as I can't stand uneven screens with yellow gradients, but it depends on how much it bothers you. Also pictures tend to make the screen look worse than it does in person so it is hard for others to judge. If you are within the 2 week return window it would be better to return it and buy a new one instead of doing an exchange.

13. jeremiah239 macrumors 6502a

jeremiah239

You ever look at her thumbs? eww

14. Radon87000 thread starter macrumors 601

Mine is a week 45.

I am afraid of getting it replaced because some people reported getting screens with more tint than before :(

Funnily enough my entire screen is perfectly even except the top part is yellow

15. tbeaumont macrumors newbie

Perfect white screen

My week 43 iPhone 6 Plus has a perfect / even white screen

Attached Files:

16. Radon87000 thread starter macrumors 601

That's a screenshot lol

Please take a pic of the iPhone screen when on white through a camera and post here

17. tbeaumont macrumors newbie

Phone Screen White

I actually used the screen capture feature on the phone. The best I can do. I have had my share of bad iPhone 6 Plus screens. Took me 5 phones to find the perfect screen per my eyes. Nothing more annoying than a bad screen after spending $1,000.

18. tugger macrumors regular

tugger

I did the same. Created a 1334x750 png image filled with white and emailed it to myself. This is a week 37 iphone 6/64.

Attached Files:

19. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

Are they as bad as Uma Thurman's toes?

[​IMG]

20. TOMIMOT macrumors 6502

TOMIMOT

I second that!

21. Vundu macrumors 65816

Vundu

A lot worse.